• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Taking off dash knobs

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m removing the dash in this 68. One knob has a set screw but the rest do not. Do they pull off with brute force? It’s been a long, long time since I took out my last dash and can’t remember the best way.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There is a bezel tool made to take them off

No the trim piece on the dash, the knob itself such as on the heater controls. I don’t think I have to disconnect them and pull the whole cable through.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Heater control knobs are integrated into the cable and they are made to come out as an assembly by removing the nut behind the dash. If you just want to take the knobs off, you need to either break them off or heat them up and melt them off.

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
Depends which switch, there’s a few different methods. Some have a set screw as you’ve found, others are connected to the rod, like the head lamp switch.
Go to YouTube and check out Matt’s video, he explains how to remove the various types.
https://youtu.be/a4f1e_3y86k

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, as most of these little projects go, I will pull everything out, cables and all.
Thanks,