• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tampa area Bronco folks?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I'm really happy to see some new folks in the area. I have been "off the grid" for a while because my 3 y/o dumped water on our laptop a while back. I would love to make one of these monthly gatherings but i can't do the 2nd due to work. I'll keep my eyes on this thread for future events though.

Hey Smokeater11 are you the EB Buddy I met at the "Mouse House"?

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Had a great time tonight hanging out with Bronco Paul, fla67, and Vintagehoss @ Rick's. The weather was crappy so we missed a couple of our folks but nonetheless there was plenty to talk about.

I look forward to seeing y'all next month and hope to have my Bronco there as well!

For next month, I would like to gauge interest in possibly doing something on a Saturday at one of the alternate locations suggested like Lakeland or Ruskin. More to come...

-Mike :cool:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Had a great time tonight hanging out with Bronco Paul, fla67, and Vintagehoss @ Rick's. The weather was crappy so we missed a couple of our folks but nonetheless there was plenty to talk about.

I look forward to seeing y'all next month and hope to have my Bronco there as well!

For next month, I would like to gauge interest in possibly doing something on a Saturday at one of the alternate locations suggested like Lakeland or Ruskin. More to come...

-Mike :cool:

make it on a Fry. or Sat. and il show up !
Add;
... if there is again No Holopalooza this year ... i going to have a wheeling day / weekend in corbett !

fla67

Good times last night, that rain was fun on the way home. Gotta love South Tampa and its lake like puddles.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Over the next 4 months, I would like to try to have 2 Saturday meetings. One in Lakeland and the other in Ruskin.

Two questions:

Who is interested in a Saturday meeting?

and

Who would be willing to meet in Lakeland or Ruskin possibly for a cuise-in event?

We are approaching the end of the month so all input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

SP66

Bronco Guru
I'd really enjoy seeing some Bronco's and meeting some enthusiasts. I'll try to follow the thread for a cruise date.

Scott

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
you guys ever think of using Ocala as a central meet and greet? its 1.5- 2 hours from pretty much everywhere. Jax, O-town, Tampa, even Tallahassee isn't much more than 3 hours?

If anyone is coming to the Pumpkin Run in Ocala (end of Oct.) I will have my rig there~

L.R.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I am with LoneRanger, we need to find a spot in the center of the state to have a weekend meet, I know SEB has been to an area around Wildwood that would be near perfect, and would be able to have trail rides.

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
There lots of places around Ocala to meet up. I would have to say meeting up for the Pumpkin Run would be a great idea. They have day cruises from there as well for the cars in the show, if we had some interest I'm sure we could do something similar with the Broncos. There's lots of scenic places to ride around Ocala.

Butch

ashleymarkp

Loc.
Lakeland, Fl
I would like to meet on a saturday in lakeland. I dont know if that rib place is open on saturdays.. It would be a good place to meet cause the owners and his family has several broncos. Ive been on camping trips with SEB north of dade city and the trails are pretty good out there.

teamsideways

Loc.
ruskin.fl
of coure i'm up for a cruise in in ruskin....i would drive to ocala but not in the bronco...too much gas.lakeland would even be a strech,tampa area(south)works much better for me...

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I think we are all down with a regional meet and I am sure Ocala is a great location. Right now there is a thread discussing a potential meeting on 1 December in the Orlando area with location TBD. You can locate the thread here http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212329&page=2

As far as the Tampa area folks monthly meeting, I think for September we should meet in Lakeland. If anyone has contact information for the BBQ guy with the Broncos, please let me know ASAP so we can make arrangements for Saturday the 6th.

Once I get in contact with them and confirm the location, I will notify everyone.
Thanks for all your support!

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
The BBQ place in Lakeland is called Granger & Sons on 98N and it's run by CB member UFGN and his family. If you contacted him directly he could get you all the info you needed to have a meet & greet at his place. I think he has even posted to this thread. His name is Graham. If you can't get ahold of him through CB let me know and I can go by his BBQ place and ask him about it. Like I need any excuse to go to a BBQ place!!

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I just got off the phone with Graham in Lakeland about having a get together @ his place. He is going to be out of town on the 6th so we may look to flex to November or December to make it out to Lakeland.

At this point, options are limited. I take full responsibility for dropping the ball on not getting the details of next month's meeting secured earlier in the game.

That being said, I still want to mix things up. Perhaps the Wing House is an appropriate alternative next month.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Okay folks, since we are keeping it local this month, the meeting is going to be Thursday September 4th @ 7PM Winghouse Tampa (301).

I will shoot PMs to spread the word too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2