• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TBI EFI questions

chico68

I am going to put a TBI fuel injection system on my 68. I was wondering about classic broncos members experiences with the different systems.

I have a 5.0 roller block with an upgraded cam from an 87 mustang. I have an Edelbrock performer intake.

Do you guys recommend the Edelbrock system, Holly, MSD, FAST, etc?

I noticed some do not require a return line. I have my body off right now so it would be easy to install a return line. Any pros or cons to installing a return line versus not installing a return line?

Thanks!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Holley Commander 950 TBI system is great; I've been running one for ten years and counting with no problems at all. The updated version is the HP... http://www.holley.com/550-411.asp

The Howell (GM) kit is a solid performer and cheap..but not a good choice for anything but a nearly bone stock engine.

Can't speak to the other options..never worked with them.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I too have been thinking TBI fuel injection.

Pro's/Con's of the 2 fuel delivery systems? Return vs. non-return?

Tim

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I too have been thinking TBI fuel injection.

Pro's/Con's of the 2 fuel delivery systems? Return vs. non-return?

Tim

Me..I've never had any experience with a non-return system...have not talked with anyone that has either.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I run a 5.0 roller engine also with modifications and I installed affordable fuel injection last year. I only have about 10" of vacuum at idle, so a lot of the aftermarket folks did not want to touch my application. So far it has worked well. This is the system I installed:

http://www.affordable-fuel-injectio..._Complete_TBI_System_w_Distributor-13-13.html

If you don't have spark advance built into your EFI you don't really have a complete system IMO.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
Affordablefuelinjection for me as well....works great......I have a build thread on here named "EFI in a box"......shows the whole Affordablefuelinjection kit install.....

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
A fuel system with a return line continuously circulates fuel. There are a number of reasons it is the better system but my favorite would be the elimination of vapor lock. Most fuel injected systems run high enough pressure that it is not the problem that it is with low fuel pressure carburetion, but eb's are notorious for vapor lock especially in summer heat.