• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Temperature Sensor Wire

mj2619

Contributor
Hello - A few weeks after I was out in a snow storm all my gauges spiked on my way to work one morning. Not sure if things got wet during that time and shorted something out.
-All gauges maxed out.
-Replaced IVR (thank you forum friends!) - was able to get oil, fuel and amps working.
-Gauge is newer from Tom's about 2 years old.
-Power is going to oil, fuel and Amps but very low reading on temp (I think that is normal?).
-Replaced temp sensor and connected it to existing wire, still no temperature reading.

Question - does anyone know where or what kind of wire to buy to hook up to the sensor all the way to the temperature gauge. Looking for the wire that connects from the temperature sensor into the cab and gauge cluster. I think it's a few wires I need? The plan was to try that before swapping the temperature part of the gauge.

'77 Bronco 302

Thank you!

Michael

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
You can test harness wire by removing from temp sensor, and shorting wire to ground.
It should peg the meter to HOT.

Plugs in near throttle linkage at back of engine.

Oleguy 74

if the gauges are stock amp meter has nothing to do with the other gaughes.if fuel oil is working remove wires from temo gauge and measure the restance of the gauge.should be 10-14 ohms.the wire type is automotive wire.gauge it self may bad.or senser is bad