• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tesla, BBQ, & Bronco

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
But then also I remember years ago as a teen watching some guy fill up his cabin cruiser with fuel. As the gas pump was rolling past 600 gallons I asked the guy "How much does it cost to fill that thing up?". Of course he says "Son, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.".

I was at a fueling dock once when I saw a guy refueling his 50ft + yacht. Brand new boat. As we were watching him fill up, we noticed severe distress as the dollar figure passed 5,000. I'm guessing he had no idea how much these boats cost to fill, and this was probably his first trip.

Another time, one of my colleagues customers came in and got a loan on a new cigarette boat. After he took delivery, he made one high speed run around Lake Washington, and promptly put the boat up for sale after refilling. He somehow could afford to buy the boat, but not put fuel in it. Not to mention maintenance! Rule of thumb is that a boat needs about 10% of purchase price in annual operating costs. Buy a $1,000,000 boat, and expect $100,000 to go down the drain annually!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Looks like the Canback top, I don't think the BC front rolls back does it? Mine has roof racks as well.
cbd495dd25171647f71fc9bce981b953.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I am going to look into the Canback top. Thanks. Nice rig you have there!

Thanks Brew. Check out the BC top. Really close to the Canback. Canback stopped making them for Broncos years ago. Chuck was working closely with Canback and came out with his own version. I think Canback only made 60, so they are difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You can email the company that made/makes Can-Back tops, but they never email back.

Except for an automated response telling you that they got your email.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Boat....hole in the water you throw money into.
I own a sailboat. Just refilled with 5 gallons of diesel after a long weekend over to Onancock. No wind and motored across the bay. Actually that probably only took two gallons. 22 hp Yanmar doesn’t burn much, but also we only cruise a little under hull speed (6 knots). Sailing is about the journey. Turn on the autopilot and then tinker with the boat, troll or read.

Attac

Contributor
My Buddy BroncoBuster on here Has a 2015 Tesla with the upgraded motors and now the upgraded batteries. Stupid fast. 0-60 in 3.3 sec. He always sneaks up on me in it cause it is so quiet. He also has a 67 Bronco that we are in the process of redoing now.
I guess he has the newest tech ride and soon the coolest type ride to cruise around in;D
Chuck

OP
OP
S

stevenson44

My Buddy BroncoBuster on here Has a 2015 Tesla with the upgraded motors and now the upgraded batteries. Stupid fast. 0-60 in 3.3 sec. He always sneaks up on me in it cause it is so quiet. He also has a 67 Bronco that we are in the process of redoing now.

I guess he has the newest tech ride and soon the coolest type ride to cruise around in;D

Chuck

Well said, best of both worlds.