• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thanksgiving ER Trip

borg

Considering every car commercial has a "Professional driver, don't try this at home" warning, I'm somewhat surprised the legal departments for all those TV studios don't require use of more protective gear. My auto-darkening helmet was money well spent.

Set my jeans and a few flannel shirts on fire many times back when I was working in fab shops during my first career. The shirts tended to "flash" and burn off the little nubs that form, jeans always caught on the frayed edges. Learned pretty quick not to weld in my Chuck Taylors too.

Steve

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Considering every car commercial has a "Professional driver, don't try this at home" warning, I'm somewhat surprised the legal departments for all those TV studios don't require use of more protective gear. My auto-darkening helmet was money well spent.

Set my jeans and a few flannel shirts on fire many times back when I was working in fab shops during my first career. The shirts tended to "flash" and burn off the little nubs that form, jeans always caught on the frayed edges. Learned pretty quick not to weld in my Chuck Taylors too.

Steve

Who hasn't enjoyed the lovely sensation of the spark down the boot, smoldering between the leather and the sock? Ah, that's an eye opener!

One time, I needed to do a quick tack on something in the summer. I was pretty happy that I managed to keep the slag out of my sandals... until that night, when I noticed I had a new 'sunburn' when I took off my shorts. D'oh!