• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Bronco Is Being Built In The US, But Developed In Australia

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
At least Australia has great off road creds! Certainly better than being designed in Italy like some of the jeeps!

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I find it interesting that news stories like this one keep using the concept images that some fan made up on his own on the internet instead of the real Ford Bronco concept images from 2004.
Many people think the fan's creation is the real Ford concept now.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru

When friends and family who know I'm a Bronco enthusiast bring up the Bronco coming back that is the first thing I address. The image they are thinking is the new Ford Bronco is a fan's photoshopped creation. I explain we don't know what it will look like.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I find it interesting that news stories like this one keep using the concept images that some fan made up on his own on the internet instead of the real Ford Bronco concept images from 2004.

Thank you, sir, for that observation. The other day, I took my wife's car to the dealer for maintenance. It was a Ford dealership. In my conversation, the rep and I, in some weird way, started talking about the new Bronco and Rangers.

He then said, our offices sent us a rendering already. To which I said, "Can I see it, if you don't mind?" Here I thought I was going to get a glimpse of the new bronco. But, the dude, ends up showing me this same rendering.

I looked at the dude, and gave him the benefit of the doubt. He then went on to school me on Early Broncos, by saying, this rendering "harkens to the old broncos made in '64."

I guess what my point is that even those closely working with Ford still don't have a clue about the new Bronco and/or the new Ranger. Once it's vetted by Ford and actually approved by Ford, will I believe it.

SavageBurro

Perfect bronco concepts

Not sure why so many are gaga over the new concepts. I think these make perfect concepts for Ford.

Attachments

• early bronco.jpg
    early bronco.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 212

SavageBurro

meant to add this 4 door too.

Attachments

• early bronco 4 door.jpg
    early bronco 4 door.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 199

SavageBurro

Btw: I think the green bronco belongs to beerad, Sr. Member on here (one of my favorite looking rides) and that 4 door was built by BuildAbronco.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
http://nseavoice.com/cars/2018-ford-bronco-vs-jeep-wrangler-4wd-madness-incoming-920018448.html

From the article:
"Yes you read that right. Ford is developing the all new Bronco and there have been several sightings of the vehicle running some tests in Australia.

At this rate, the Bronco looks set to arrive late next year and this should please the loyal fans that have been waiting for the vehicle. After all, it has been like two decades since Ford last relased the Bronco and the fans never stopped loving the old model.

It is an exciting time even for the 4WD lovers as next year will also see the release of the next-gen Jeep Wrangler. The future Wrangler looks set to come with a new design, lighter body and new powertrains that are designed for a lower running cost.

If everything is to come into place, then we will be very excited to see the Wrangler going up against the Bronco. It has been a long while since the Wrangler has faced any real challenge and the Bronco can offer just that."

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I don't think they will use a 12 year old concept as the baseline. I like the rendering better anyway. Hopefully Ford does too. My fear is that it's going to be based on a front wheel drive minivan! I hope they decide to do something more simple and rugged to compete with the Jeep, but I have my doubts. I would like to see a simple removable hard top, manual transmission option, hose-out interior option, removable hard top and solid axles. Using the Coyote engine would be sweet too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
My thinking is that it will be a four cylinder front wheel drive unibody minivan with the bronco badge on it
And be $45K and then the geniuses at ford will forever wonder why it flopped

Or like the retro thunderbird
Hmm. Let's get rid of the back seat, and double the price , buyers will love it !

Although turning the explorer into a front wheel drive minivan seems to have increased sales
So you never know

But they really need a four door solid axle removable top competitor to the wrangler or they are never going to sell a lot

But they refused to advertise the Flex station wagon at all
Not one single ad ever
And it's getting cancelled and I'm sure the people at ford are wondering why it didn't sell

Friend of mine had the twin turbo AWD model and it was a blast
That would have made a fantastic cop car
But at double the price of a charger , not gonna happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My thinking is that it will be a four cylinder front wheel drive unibody minivan with the bronco badge on it
And be $45K and then the geniuses at ford will forever wonder why it flopped

Or like the retro thunderbird
Hmm. Let's get rid of the back seat, and double the price , buyers will love it !

Although turning the explorer into a front wheel drive minivan seems to have increased sales
So you never know

But they really need a four door solid axle removable top competitor to the wrangler or they are never going to sell a lot

But they refused to advertise the Flex station wagon at all
Not one single ad ever
And it's getting cancelled and I'm sure the people at ford are wondering why it didn't sell

Friend of mine had the twin turbo AWD model and it was a blast
That would have made a fantastic cop car
But at double the price of a charger , not gonna happen

Have you not read this thread?
Have you not read every thread about this at CB?

The new eb is based on the new Ranger (not FWD). The new Ranger is going to be based on the Ford Australian Everest. Body on frame, uber rugged for the Australian market.
The "only" thing we do not know is the shape of the body and specific US Market engines being used.

All you need to do is read a few threads here and you will have a much better understanding of what to expect.
It's going to be a great little vehicle.
Of course it "will not" have a solid front axle. It likely will not have a removable top. But I believe everything else will be pretty cool.

There will be kits to put solid axles under the front and kits to make the top removable available from our vendors.

It is going to be great. A little optimism never hurt anybody/anything, lol.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Maybe, but pessimists get disappointed less often.

Tru dat....

But I think it's going to be pretty cool.
I will get one either way. Wife wants it, daughter likes the idea, and I'm ready for it.
Whatever it is I am sure that our vendors will have lots of neat mods for us.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Have you not read this thread?
Have you not read every thread about this at CB?

The new eb is based on the new Ranger (not FWD). The new Ranger is going to be based on the Ford Australian Everest. Body on frame, uber rugged for the Australian market.
The "only" thing we do not know is the shape of the body and specific US Market engines being used.

All you need to do is read a few threads here and you will have a much better understanding of what to expect.
It's going to be a great little vehicle.
Of course it "will not" have a solid front axle. It likely will not have a removable top. But I believe everything else will be pretty cool.

There will be kits to put solid axles under the front and kits to make the top removable available from our vendors.

It is going to be great. A little optimism never hurt anybody/anything, lol.

The engine will be whatever is the lamest thing they have that will fit in it
We definitely won't be getting the turbo diesel and probably won't be able to get the 5 speed Manual Trans either

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
The engine will be whatever is the lamest thing they have that will fit in it
We definitely won't be getting the turbo diesel and probably won't be able to get the 5 speed Manual Trans either

Dang man, can you be more negative?

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
My neighbor works at the Ford Truck plant here in Louisville and is pretty high up. He apparently has an official rendering of the Bronco as it stands now. He said he would let me see it. I am going to pester him daily. I hope he is telling the truth. He seems like a straight shooter.