• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Dipstick(some sort of baja race bronco)

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
At the International Motorsports Hall Of Fame at the Talladega Superspeedway there is a blue and orange bronco with "The Dipstick" painted on the front fender. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this truck. I opened up the glove box and got the vin: U14GLG42202 Model: 0142(heavy duty). I know the vin says its a half cab but it does have a full top. This bronco has been there for atleast 10 years. It is sitting out side some what under a covering(wind could blow in rain). It is a shame to see it rust away like that. I have one picture of it if someone would like to post it. I have always wanted to know about this truck. I copied all the info on the vin tag but i think i read it wrong i could only open the door half way because of the roll cage.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
If you email me the pic i'll be glad to post it for you. You might want to email this post to Andrew at bajabronco.com. If it has some race history behind it i'm sure he would know and if he doesn't I'm sure he would be interested in tracking its history down. You can email him at
Andrew@BajaBronco.com

You can send the pic to amsoilrep@yahoo.com

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
I emailed the picture to you TJK74.......I also emailed Andrew at BajaBroncos.com

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Thanks .....I know its a crappy photo but its all i have. The pic is about 4 years old but it looks the same. Its just sitting in a different spot.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
That's really cool. Any updated info on this? You might also email toddz69 he might have heard something about it. Keep us posted!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, that's pretty cool. I have never heard of it, but I bet it has an interesting history. You didn't happen to catch the DSO code on the VIN plate did ya? Interesting that it was a halfcabber to begin with. Just found another halfcab the other day that has had a full top since it was 1 year old...and the owner swears the hardtop is original! He's a cool old codger.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Damn, now I'm going to have to go through ALL my old seventies off-road magazines to see if there are any pics or words about it.
Actually, it's kinda' fun to browse through all the old stuff. But it takes sooooo long. Lol.

Paul

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
BajaBronco said:
Wow, that's pretty cool. I have never heard of it, but I bet it has an interesting history. You didn't happen to catch the DSO code on the VIN plate did ya? Interesting that it was a halfcabber to begin with. Just found another halfcab the other day that has had a full top since it was 1 year old...and the owner swears the hardtop is original! He's a cool old codger.

Was that a Stroppe Modified? Might know the owner that would do such a thing. :eek: ;D

OP
OP
Broncoman

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Just bumping this back up top.... I don't even know if it is still there

76 Explorerette

Loc.
Oklahoma City
broncoman said:
This bronco has been there for atleast 10 years. It is sitting out side some what under a covering(wind could blow in rain). It is a shame to see it rust away like that..... i could only open the door half way because of the roll cage.
You would think they would want to preserve it considering it is a hall of fame. Not only is it a shame to see a bronco rust but especially one that earns a hall of fame status. As for the glovebox only opening half way- it just sucks! I used to shove all my junk in ours before the rollcage. I can get my hand in there fine and still stick stuff in there but my wallet don't fit in there anymore :mad: Hey wait 76 can't get his hand in there maybe I can use that to my advantage somehow.... hmmm ;D

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
I swear I have more pics of that rig....of course I have a gig or two of EB pics...not promising anything, but I'll look and see...

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
If it is sitting at a museum they either own it or it is on lone. Either way they should have some history on it. If it is on lone they may tell you who owns it. Call or email the museum curator and ask.