• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The importance of GREAT Customer Service

Oside66

Loc.
Vista, CA
I am in the process of completely rebuilding my 66 bronco. I have been stock piling parts for the past eight years, it's the only way for me to do it on my budget! I am in the process of re-wiring it and came across an issue with the illuminescent gauge cluster i bought last year. I noticed there were five gauge faces to plug in, and the power harness only had four connectors.
I called Scott Drake and spoke to a customer service rep. She couldn't answer my question, but said she would ask the engineers and get back to me. She also suggested calling the vendor I purchased it from and see if they had any advise.
I've spent A LOT of money with just about all of the early bronco vendors over the years, and I really didn't remember who I bought it from. I called wild Horses and spoke with Johnny. He was a super cool guy who went and grabbed a gauge cluster off his shelf, opened it up and told me that my power harness was faulty and that it should have five connectors on it, not four. He was ready to put the harness in a box and ship it off to me right away, but we realized that I hadn't bought it from them.
I'm not going to vendor bash, but I called the next place I thought I might have purchased the faulty cluster from and spoke with a guy named Josh. I was told I would need to pay for a new one because I purchased it last year. I told him about my phone call with Johnny at Wild Horses, and how he was willing to just send me a new harness and make it right (had I purchased it there), and Josh said he has a business to run and he can't just be giving away parts! Night and day difference in customer service!!!
Bottom line is I ended up talking to Scott Drake and they are going to send me the connector I need. To me Customer Service is HUGE!!! and I know I willing be spending A LOT more money at Wild Horses, Johnny you are a great person, and your company should be thankful they have you!!! The vendor who jerked me around and gave me a hard time, instead of trying to help me out, will never see another penny from me.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I hear you man. Wild Horses is definitely a stand up operation. I tend to order from them and pay the shipping cross country just for the fact that their customer service is outstanding. Jim definitely has a passion for our hobby and knows how to run a business.

Rickb1b

Got to ditto the above. I get everything from Wild Horses. When my bronco was new I ordered from several venders. I won't bash them, but there is one out there who, after 6 different orders, never got it right.

Although, wild horses is my go to place, I just finished installing their carpet kit: not very impressed with this. But still love the company, for all the other great service.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Glad you got that worked out... Totally agree with your opinion on that.

tnhntr

I have to agree with the customer service from Wild Horses. Over a year ago I purchased a tilt column and new steering wheel from them. As it usually goes, I just recently had time to install the column and wheel and realized they had sent me a early model factory wheel and not the 77 model I had ordered. i realize I should have checked it when it came in a year ago, but I did not and waas going to bite the bullet and just reorder the late model I needed. Called Wild Horses and explained the situation and they said it was there mistake and would send the correct one out that day along with a label to return the other one. They now have a customer for life.

Dannyboy71

Customer service is the way to success in any business. Wild horses has sent me replacements in the mail before I even sent the bad one back. Thats pretty stand up if you ask me. hhhhhhmmmmm....... Josh the cemetery maybe?

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Not only do they give excellent customer service....they also support Bronco runs/rallies and give generoulsy to the raffles. And they gave me a free t-shirt on my last order!!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I bought some replacement floors yesterday and Justin was great to work with. Thx Jim and the guys you employ! It's great they extend their customer service out to this website, so kudos to Dirtdonk as well!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Customer service is everything - I've had very pleasurable expirences with W.H, Tom's, PSC, AA and Tom Woods. They are shining examples...

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
I havent purchased much from the other Vendors, because i first purchased from WH and their customer sevecice was so good, when i need something i keep going back to WH...

cldonley

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
Wow. After all these posts, I may switch vendors! I've gotten great service with the vendors I've ordered from so far, but I haven't had to address a problem yet...

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
I'm a huge fan of WH, too.

I was there yesterday, actually, to pick up a core support, pair of inner fender aprons, and a pair of kick panels. The products were brought out to the sales counter on a cart and, seeing as how WH was a little understaffed, I started to pull the cart towards the door. Justin wouldn't allow it; he helped cart everything out and then he loaded everything into my car. Not the first time he's done that, even when a different salesperson handled the purchase.

I've always had great experiences with WH. Justin, Mark, Paul B., etc. all represent the company well. Their customer service keeps me coming back.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey guys, thanks! Not sure how I missed this so long, but my excuse is I've been hanging out over in Tech more lately.
And how come you're still buying parts Oakland! Not that we mind of course ;D , but you should be driving that thing soon!
Although, I did see mention that you found some rust you didn't originally know you had, so that would certainly explain the body panels you got.

Glad you're able to get over and see the guys in person and they're all willing to help like they should be.
Sorry you have to drive so far each time, but we like having visitors. So keep on stopping by any time you feel like it.
And we hope to get a pic of you AND the Bronco out in front soon!

Thanks everyone. For everything.
Literally...

Paul

PeteO

Loc.
Tappahannock
I'm in on this one. Ordered my electroluminescent gauge face Drake Kit from WH. My kit came with two alt faces, missing fuel. WH had Drake call me(which took 10-15min) for return of correct part. They sent me a replacement Baggie of all faces. GREAT SERVICE AGAIN!!!

Yes I admit i tried to search the interweb(Vicky) to build an epicenter control...anyway
If Anyone ever Needs an extra face (-fuel) will send it out to ya.

panteramatt

I understand not bashing another company but I believe you SHOULD post where to give others who might be spending alot (me) a heads up. I would order from WH but shipping is always really high compared to others.

Pat B

Not too sure where Josh is working....I too am doing a '66, buying from, Tom's they've called when I ordered an extra part just to make sure I got what I needed, BC has called if parts are shipping a day or two later just to see if a single shipment is okay.

You're correct. Customer service is huge.

Don't forget the service we get here on the board too

Pat