• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Lean Poll - Does yours?

Does yours lean?

• Yea, it leans.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • No, never a problem.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • It used to lean, but I fixed it.

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

akafrankcastle

Loc.
Kansas City
Airbur, I know the WH tech piece mentions that the radius arm caps are likely torqued in an unbalanced fashion and when the axle is removed and the radius arms are laid flat on the ground, one is usually higher than the other. Have you considered intentionally imbalancing the torque to reverse the effects of the lean? Basic idea being, if the PS radius sits off the ground while the DS sits flat, or the both sit flat, adjusting the torque so the DS sits higher.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Airbur, I know the WH tech piece mentions that the radius arm caps are likely torqued in an unbalanced fashion and when the axle is removed and the radius arms are laid flat on the ground, one is usually higher than the other. Have you considered intentionally imbalancing the torque to reverse the effects of the lean? Basic idea being, if the PS radius sits off the ground while the DS sits flat, or the both sit flat, adjusting the torque so the DS sits higher.

Yep. Did that when I put it back together. My main concern with that is the fact that the front doesn't lean at all...hence why I thought it was the frame.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
So you intentionally overtorqued the DS and the lean is still there?

I don't know if I would call it over-torquing, but I did attempt to raise the DS arm up higher than the PS. I spend about 2 hours doing it and I could barely get it any higher than even. I'm thinking maybe I need to invert the C Bushings on that side.

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
I can't seem to get mine level. Ive had it apart twice and it still leans to drivers side.
I am stubborn and getting faster at taking it apart.

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I can't seem to get mine level. Ive had it apart twice and it still leans to drivers side.
I am stubborn and getting faster at taking it apart.

I hear ya...I can disassemble the front suspension and remove the axle in about 30 minutes now. Sad, but true.