• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The new ORVP Girls.

One of these ladies will become ORVP's hostes. Which should it be?

• SARAH

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • JoLynn

Votes: 182 90.5%
  • Kori

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Mellissa

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kidney

SaddleUp said:
Do you have any children?

Nope...My Point is this. The guy said.....

ORVP said:
I always lean toward Family video. There will be no nudity sorry guys. I have to try something new to boost sales. So the ladies part will be two fold to attract attention to ORVP and to sell. Tastefull is what it will be. We will have a hostes that will guide you through the event. It is a movie and sometimes you have to make a changes that may or may not benifit sales but there is only one way to find out. Do it.

From what he wrote it sounds like he will be using her almost like a news reporter. She will be there to explain to the viewer what is going on,what the obstical is,interview those who are participating, riding along in someones rig to give a first hand view and also narrating the video. Their is a reason why you will find most hosts to be either attractive or have a professional voice. It's not b/c they know how to solve the worlds problems. It's b/c they are professionals at relaying to the viewer what is going on. I'm guessing they will be wearing normal clothes maybe a bit tight fitting but nothing that will scar your children for life because they saw an attractive women working.

OP
OP
ORVP

ORVP

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Thanks thats my idea.

It should work out great. I hope. Either that or I am going to have one hell of a headache.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Kidney said:
Nope...My Point is this. The guy said.....

From what he wrote it sounds like he will be using her almost like a news reporter. She will be there to explain to the viewer what is going on,what the obstical is,interview those who are participating, riding along in someones rig to give a first hand view and also narrating the video. Their is a reason why you will find most hosts to be either attractive or have a professional voice. It's not b/c they know how to solve the worlds problems. It's b/c they are professionals at relaying to the viewer what is going on. I'm guessing they will be wearing normal clothes maybe a bit tight fitting but nothing that will scar your children for life because they saw an attractive women working.
What Awnrie said was: "I as a female am less likely to get a video about broncos and wheeling or let my daughter view such a video if the hostess or the host was not a true enthusiast and the primary reason for them being there is eye candy." As a parent myself I see nothing wrong with this viewpoint. If/when you become a parent then you will very likely be selective about what you allow your children to watch as well. All of my children are old enough that I doubt anything in the videos would scar them and it would need to be pretty scanky before I would refuse to let them watch it. As to the video I know Mike personally and consider him to be a friend. That doesn't change my opinion that adding girls to the video as "eye candy" is in poor taste and would probably degrade the end product. Having seen a couple of Mike's videos I would suggest a different direction. Primarily I would look into ways to get the viewer closer to the action in a more personal way. One way would be to get 2 cameras going since that can be used to lend perspective. That isn't something I would have noticed but it worked out really well when 2 of the guys with us over a recent trip both had cameras and then they pulled clips from both from 2 angles. I would also like to know more about the drivers, their rigs, and the trails. Perhaps the girls could be used for reporting. Nothing in the pictures at the beginning of this post leads me to believe that to be the case though. The pictures would lead me to believe they will be added as eye candy. To be effective as reporters they will need to be enthusiasts and will need to have good people skills. They will need to know the difference between a trim ring and a beadlock. Or at the very least they will need a desire to know what the difference is. Is attractiveness necessarily an asset to an on the spot reporter? There is a reason that most of them actually are "not" overly attractive. They are not ugly either. They are more average or dress to portray such because most people are more comfortable talking to an average person. Another idea is to actually get a camera inside some of the vehicles. I wouldn't have thought of this unless my boy had taken a few photos and some video from inside mine when he was playing around with my camera's. After I got home and looked at them I found that they sometimes add more perspective. I.E. They make it more real.

Mike, I'm by no means an expert at video so take the above for what it's worth. Basicaly I'm just tossing out some ideas of things that may help. Perhaps this is already along the lines of what you are planning or perhaps I'm way off base.

OP
OP
ORVP

ORVP

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Rick maybe I should have not used the eye candy statement.

The girls will be dressed as a natural bystanders. Not dressed skanky. I do listen to everyones requests and appreciate they opinions. I own two cameras and usually have both when in the field. I also have vehicle mounts and remote digital camera for mounting on my bumper ect.

You are correct in thinking that the ladies will be doing interviews guiding the viewer through the event and activities. They have a purpose it is not just a beautiful lady to look at. As far as an enthusiast when I placed my add for this position I asked for ladies that have interest in off roading so as you say they are not blind to what we do. Granted they may not own there own off road vehicle but they are willing completely imerse themself into our group and become a wheeler. I am not just hiring for SOB they will become part of my rag tag group so if they don't know Bronco's - Buggies they will. In a perfect world I could have a lady Bronco owner as the hostess I am sure there is one out there somewhere in the States.

But I am just a one person company running as a hobby currently. If I had unlimited resources financially I could find a Bronco driving lady. But I don't plain and simple. Honestly sometimes I really wonder why I do this, it allways costs me out of pocket. Folks may not realize it but when I come out full force with both camera's I have to pay for the second cameraman food transportation ect. Average cost for three days filming is over 500.00 just to roll into a event. After the event is when the real work starts. Editing, Authoring DVD, Graphics, Duplication. I am not complaining it is my choice to make the movies. I would have stopped years ago if I did not enjoy my hobby. Of course the wife is getting a little upset cause I allways have to wait to recoop the money spent on the shoot. It has never come close to paying for my time and hours invested. It seems to just cover the shoot cost and replication costs.

I have some great sponsors Kudos to Cage Off Road, Fourtreks and XXXTraction they help keep my EB on the trail.

That said if there are any vendors reading this post. I could sure use some finincial assistance even if it is small. I will place your logo on the DVD and display at SOB on my 20 foot big screen TV. Which is part of the SOB schedule. contact:mike@orvp.com if interested

This year will be especially hard seeing as I may have to hire a second cameraman due to 3 buldging disks in my back injury at regular job. Anyone that has experience with a camera please let me know I can really use the help. I shoot with Canon XL1s and XL1.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
OK let me be the voice of reason here: EYE CANDY IS GOOD!!

IMHO there's absolutely nothing wrong with having some hot chicks in the vid, in fact I'd probably be even more inclined to buy the video. Who cares if they're actually into 4-wheeling or Broncos? Do we ask them their hobbies when we're stuffing dollar bills into their g-strings at the local "club"? For every nanny here whining about it you'll sell ten more to people who aren't afraid of girls. And I guarantee the whiners will buy it too, they just feel the need to go on record publicly against it in case their wives are reading their posts :) And don't listen to all this talk about putting them in conservative clothes or straightjackets or whatever. Put them in G's!

BRING ON THE HOTTIES!!

Flame suit on.

Dusty

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Dusty said:

IMHO there's absolutely nothing wrong with having some hot chicks in the vid, in fact I'd probably be even more inclined to buy the video. Who cares if they're actually into 4-wheeling or Broncos? Do we ask them their hobbies when we're stuffing dollar bills into their g-strings at the local "club"? For every nanny here whining about it you'll sell ten more to people who aren't afraid of girls. And I guarantee the whiners will buy it too, they just feel the need to go on record publicly against it in case their wives are reading their posts :) And don't listen to all this talk about putting them in conservative clothes or straightjackets or whatever. Put them in G's!

BRING ON THE HOTTIES!!

Flame suit on.

Dusty
Truer words have never been written. :cool:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Dusty said:

BRING ON THE HOTTIES!!

Flame suit on.

Dusty
Not all of us treat women simply as eye candy and objects. Those that do are just sad.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Hey ORVP, have you ever thought about talking to member CG ? She KNOWS wheeling and rock crawling and Broncos and Jeeps. She isn't too bad looking either. Don't know if you will catch her in a bikini though ;D

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
Not all of us treat women simply as eye candy and objects. Those that do are just sad.

So if a hot female walks by you wouldn't take a second look? And sorry, but this day and age the women are worse then men when it comes to sex talk. I don't treat women as sex objects, but I sure do appreciate a fine speciman. :cool:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
iwlbcnu said:
So if a hot female walks by you wouldn't take a second look? And sorry, but this day and age the women are worse then men when it comes to sex talk. I don't treat women as sex objects, but I sure do appreciate a fine speciman. :cool:
I've been known to look twice but what I consider to be attractive isn't necessarily having a hot body. I don't spend my spare time sticking dollar bills in g-strings at the club. I have the real thing at home already which beats the hell out of anything I'm going to find at the local club. More importantly I'm not going to take my children and wife to the local club nor will I bring it home. Since my family watches TV as such I am selective about what I buy and therefore am less inclined to buy a video where woman are being treated as eye candy. My hope is that my son will grow up to treat woman with respect and that my daughters will grow up knowing that they don't need to degrade themselves in such a manner.

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
Saddleup, I applaud you for standing your guns. It's difficult in the world we live in today.

Unfortunately, It is a losing battle. For the guys and gals who wouldn't buy the video (for whatever reason or another), there aren't just 10 more who would for that reason. There are hundreds more. Even every day TV has gone that route. You may never have seen Mrs. Beaver wearing anything revealing but, she was always depicted as a very attractive woman. The last show I remember watching with a fat nasty woman in it was Rosanne. Every other TV show on today the girls are all very attractive women.

Now, I have a very attractive woman. Damn near perfect body even after having 2 kids. Typically a great personality (excpet when she's grumpy) and she let's me spend what I need on my Bronco. I don't need to see women in videos of 4 wheeling for me to enjoy the videos. But, I also wouldn't complain if they were in the videos.

But, I'm also not a person who purchases these types of videos either. So, my opinion doesn't really matter.

ORVP, only thing I have to offer is to keep it classy. Which it sounds like that is your plan. Whomever you use, hope they have a blast and show our sport well. ;D

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
BTW: No, I'm not giving up my guns either. I do think it's a fight worth fighting. And, if I came across in my previous post as one who's given up just to follow the masses... I'm not.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
What is wrong with a beautiful girl that likes to be a girl?
Some people seem to think it is morally incorrect to like members of the opposite sex as such. Maybe the girls like being girls and like a little confirmation of this.
Sometimes I wonder about the "modern" rules, not many people like them.
Bring on the girls, and the others can go join the gay parade.
TOFIC

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
I doubt if any of those girls know the difference between a trim ring and a bead lock. I would be suprised if they know the difference between a bronco and a jeep. The only thing I see those girls knowing is how to pose in front of a camera.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
My girls enjoy watching Off-Road videos with me.. If there were more girls involved, driving the trucks and stuff then my girls would like it more. But if they are just there for eye candy then I think it would turn my girls off..

OP
OP
ORVP

ORVP

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Were is CG located?

Hey ORVP, have you ever thought about talking to member CG ? She KNOWS wheeling and rock crawling and Broncos and Jeeps. She isn't too bad looking either. Don't know if you will catch her in a bikini though

I can't afford travel if she is local or will be at SOB allready. Wearng a bikini is not required %)

Kidney

walker949 said:
Sometimes I wonder about the "modern" rules, not many people like them.
Bring on the girls, and the others can go join the gay parade.
TOFIC

AHAHAHAHAHAHA...............Best quote EVER!!

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Grunt1058 said:
Saddleup, I applaud you for standing your guns. It's difficult in the world we live in today.

Unfortunately, It is a losing battle. For the guys and gals who wouldn't buy the video (for whatever reason or another), there aren't just 10 more who would for that reason. There are hundreds more. Even every day TV has gone that route. You may never have seen Mrs. Beaver wearing anything revealing but, she was always depicted as a very attractive woman. The last show I remember watching with a fat nasty woman in it was Rosanne. Every other TV show on today the girls are all very attractive women.

Now, I have a very attractive woman. Damn near perfect body even after having 2 kids. Typically a great personality (excpet when she's grumpy) and she let's me spend what I need on my Bronco. I don't need to see women in videos of 4 wheeling for me to enjoy the videos. But, I also wouldn't complain if they were in the videos.

But, I'm also not a person who purchases these types of videos either. So, my opinion doesn't really matter.

ORVP, only thing I have to offer is to keep it classy. Which it sounds like that is your plan. Whomever you use, hope they have a blast and show our sport well. ;D
Thanks, I know it is a losing battle because I know as well as anyone else that sex sells. Your last comment though sums it up. The pictures that started this thread don't depict much class as far as I'm concerned. A comment in another thread stated "those strippers" which is what the pictures make it look like. The only one that appears to show any class is the one that almost everyone picked out which leads me to believe others want our sport to be depicted in a classy manner as well. There are enough people already that think we all go out on the trails to get drunk, be rowdy, and tear up the land. (Unfortunately some do) As long as it depicts our sport in a classy manner then I say go for it.