• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Rear Sits Higher Than The Front

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
I'm sure this has been talked about before but I just got my 5.5 WH suspension on and the rear sits higher than the front. It's not to bad right now but when I take my herd top off I'm sure it will raise up even more. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Let me know, I'm not a big fan of the dragster look ;D

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
I just put on BC 5.5" front and rear springs and it did the same thing. ?:? I still have the hardtop too, so I have the same concern you do. I was thinking maybe they make the rear springs taller on purpose, taking into account that all leaf springs will sag after a little while.

Western Okie

Loc.
Leedey,Oklahoma
Sits high

I installed the wh 5.5 and the same thing happened to me.I removed the 11th spring from mine and it now sits level and rides alot smoother.Slighty high when i take the hard top off but not bad.

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
That happened to me when I installed my 4 1/2" leafs. They WILL settle. If you can, flex the rear suspension and tow a trailter to speed the process.

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
Once you take it out and give it a good run the springs will soften up and settle. You can take out the extra spring and then once things settle out you can put it back in.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
This too will pass ---- give them just a little time --- they will settle and ride lower with just a little use

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
My halfcab has been settling since 68 and it still fills the bed with water when it rains or snows. Apparently they used the same springs as a regular cab. I have to back it off the curb to drain it

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
supermottl said:
can someone explain how to remove a leaf from a leaf-pack? (I may have to do this to my GFs CJ)
Cheers

Hmmm on Broncos you just remove the bolt going through all leafs, and pull one of them. Sometimes the leafs are strapped together and makes it difficult.