• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The SOB 12 trail run is ON

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
First off, thanks to Brandon, BroncoDave, their co-pilots for going along with this and Starky for shotgunning with me. Its so much easier prerunning trails when you don't hit it solo. I can still feel the tire vibrations in my spine.

I'm pretty excited about the trails we found, and all tough sections seem to have routes around them. For those who were nutz enough to follow me through the mild run back at SOB X, the last part will be the same trail run the opposite direction. We have a new beginning section that is really fun and some optional harder spots along the way.

The route is close enough to being a loop trail so you CAN trailer your Bronco to the trailhead if you so choose.

This can be a long trip, so please pack accordingly. What I ask is that you leave Sand Lake as topped off with fuel as possible, as we will most likely not be by a fuel station until we're on the way back to the sand. (There may be a stop on the way in for fuel, but I wont know for sure until the 18th or 19th.)
A minimum 1 gallon of water OR a 2.5 lb fire extinguisher must be in your rig AND a shovel with an 8" blade and 26" long min. (Per forestry dept. regs.)
The length of the trip will be determined by where we are along the trail during the day as there are a few roads that we can use to cut the trip shorter if need be.
We will leave from Sand Lake Friday at 9am from probably next to the registration area on the sand and catch the trailered vehicles along the parking lots on the way out.

I'd like some idea of how many are interested in the trip, so post up if you think you're going.

http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.php?t=273988&highlight=

Last edited:

RT

Bronco Guru
I'm there !!

This time the hub thingies and the shifter watchamacallit will be in the right place :D

Maybe....

OP
OP
Tom Dummer

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I'm there !!

This time the hub thingies and the shifter watchamacallit will be in the right place :D

Maybe....

RT? Was that you that had problems on the trip that year?
All I remember was a grey Bronco that did most of the trails with much difficulty when either the shifter or hubs were not locked right.:-X
I was impressed at how far that Bronco got in 2wd.
I guarantee you will HAVE to figure out 4wd by the first hill this year.;D

RT

Bronco Guru
I guarantee you will HAVE to figure out 4wd by the first hill this year.;D

Heh,Heh,,,,yah,, might have been me. I got into a habit with the twin sticks to pull out the front drive when I don't need it , and then forget to put it back in wondering why I can't climb nuthin' %)

And then one time I thought Dori locked her side ,,I guess I coulda checked ,, but instead I just kept thinkin',,,, ,,, man ,,I can make anythin' look hard to do !! :p

See ya in a couple weeks

Bob

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
Heh,Heh,,,,yah,, might have been me. I got into a habit with the twin sticks to pull out the front drive when I don't need it , and then forget to put it back in wondering why I can't climb nuthin' %)

And then one time I thought Dori locked her side ,,I guess I coulda checked ,, but instead I just kept thinkin',,,, ,,, man ,,I can make anythin' look hard to do !! :p

See ya in a couple weeks

Bob

i did the same thing with my rig , except i thought i was being a big dog , when i decided to build my own single stick ,to replace my screwy t shifter ,with a perty chrome one . well needless to say , i didnt know i could get two low ... and did all day in 2 low ..... till a big ol hill came into veiw . consequently we didnt make it .

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I think I would like to fallow along in my full size and take pictures, since I will not have mine ready for this trip, and I will have my kids with me.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
i thought you were wheeln mine..... I'll take the kiddos in the FS then you can break in new motor;D

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
I think I would like to fallow along in my full size and take pictures, since I will not have mine ready for this trip, and I will have my kids with me.

i could prolly take the mouthy one with me !!! i know you usually tie her on the top , but she would just have to slum with riding in the passenger seat in my truck i guess ..

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I could probably take the cute one with me !!! I know you usually tie her on the top , but she would just have to slum with riding in the passenger seat in my truck I guess ..

That would be cool, and I'm sure I could find a seat for me and the boy, but if I don't I'm not going to sweet it. I would still be fine just watching and taking picture's if need be.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
That would be cool, and I'm sure I could find a seat for me and the boy, but if I don't I'm not going to sweet it. I would still be fine just watching and taking picture's if need be.

the boy and I can roll
I'll even put on a new set of vise grips for the door handel %)