• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Therm sleeve for carb-pump hardline?

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
before i finish connecting this all up, what's everyone's opinion? should i put a thermo sleeve of sorts on the hard line going from the pump to the carb? it'll keep the line from getting hot but is it needed?

Attachments

• IMG_1367.jpeg
    IMG_1367.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1368.jpeg
    IMG_1368.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 38

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice tube!
On the surface, I’m a fan of heat sleeving. Is it necessary? I’m not sure, because with a mechanical fan always spinning with the engine, that bare metal is seeing a whole lot of cooling air flowing over it.
Yes, it could be up to 200° “cool” air, and maybe even more. But the airflow is important. Which heat sleeving help, or keep heat in?
Don’t really know. I guess we’d have to do some testing.

OP
OP
Shimmy

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Nice tube!
On the surface, I’m a fan of heat sleeving. Is it necessary? I’m not sure, because with a mechanical fan always spinning with the engine, that bare metal is seeing a whole lot of cooling air flowing over it.
Yes, it could be up to 200° “cool” air, and maybe even more. But the airflow is important. Which heat sleeving help, or keep heat in?
Don’t really know. I guess we’d have to do some testing.

lol! i was thinking the same! i didn't have issues with my rubber hose but i just hated how it was routed. the hardline looks so much better. i think most of us aren't running a heat sleeve on this line right?

OP
OP
Shimmy

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Couldn’t hurt
hard to see but sleeve it is! i had two style sleeves on the shelf; the silicone with fiberglass insulation or the aluminum/steel hose type. i went with the silicone one since it looked cleaner in the bay

Attachments

• IMG_1389.jpeg
    IMG_1389.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 15