• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Things you shouldn't leave home without.

Punisher

Reading through patterdales thread it got me thinking about other things we should have in our broncos.

A couple things I try to have on the bronco.
Fire extinguisher, you never think you'll use it but if you ever need it you will be happy you have one. First time I took my bronco out the wires in the engine bay started on firer. I screamed FIRE like a little girl. Glad I put that extinguisher on there.

I high lift jack, they can be unsafe and scary to use but when nothing else will work they can be very handy. We was out wheeling in my buddies scout one time and we got high centered and no one was around to help so we jacked the rear end up then pushed of the jack. It came down perfect on the other side of the hill and we drove away. Not to mention if you don't have a winch a couple chains and a high lift and now you have a Manuel winch.

Tools. We probably all carry tools with us but to be a little more specific, something to tighten lug nuts. Have you ever been out wheeling and had some lug nuts come lose? If you don't have the tool to tighten them then it can make for a real crapy day. Sometimes you can't get them tight enough with a ratchet. This has actually happened to me more then once. The last time this happened I was up in the hills by my house just for a little trip so I didn't take my tools. I had to wait for someone to come by and help. And what do you know it was a jeep. :-[

And one more that you might not think of tell you need it, a light. One that I like is the one they use to put in older Chevys. They have them under the hood, it's attached to about a 10' wire and has a little magnet on it pull it out and place it where you need it and when your done it has a little reel.

There are plenty of other obvious things that we take with us, this is just for things that can be over looked

What else do you carry?

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
It would take a book to list all of the things I carry in the Bronco at all times. I bet I have well over 500 lbs of extra "Stuff" in there.;D

OP
OP
Punisher

Punisher

two things i won't leave home without. a GUN ,AND BEER.;D

A gun is one of the obvious thing I alway take with me.;D
I think the beer should say in the garage. Just my opinion though.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Every day:
Bottle Jack
Lug Wrench
Jumper cables
20ft 5/16 transport chain
Bungee cords
2 8ft ratcheting tie downs
DogBone Wrench
Power inverter

Longer trips:
radiator hoses
extra belt
4x Gallon water
Gallon oil

Needed:
Fire Extinguisher

OP
OP
Punisher

Punisher

It would take a book to list all of the things I carry in the Bronco at all times. I bet I have well over 500 lbs of extra "Stuff" in there.;D

Well we have the room here to list them.
Lets make it 100 page thread if we need to:)

Another think that probably gets over looked quite often is TP.
Ever been out on the trail and needed some but didn't have any?
I probably don't need to say it but that can make for a crapy day.:eek:

OP
OP
Punisher

Punisher

Every day:
Bottle Jack
Lug Wrench
Jumper cables
20ft 5/16 transport chain
Bungee cords
2 8ft ratcheting tie downs
DogBone Wrench
Power inverter

Longer trips:
radiator hoses
extra belt
4x Gallon water
Gallon oil

Needed:
Fire Extinguisher

Jumper cables. Good one.
Once we used the which cable to jump a buddy's rzr. Just have to be very carful.

OP
OP
Punisher

Punisher

Another thing I try to always have on the bronco is a metal hanger. They work good to tie up mufflers or drive lines.

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
A gun is one of the obvious thing I alway take with me.;D
I think the beer should say in the garage. Just my opinion though.

Wish I could say the same, but IL law sucks a fat one. I even have wet okole seat covers with the pistol holsters for when (hopefully soon) we get ccw.

I think everyone already covered what I carry with me for the most part but a funnel could come in handy as well

OP
OP
Punisher

Punisher

Wish I could say the same, but IL law sucks a fat one. I even have wet okole seat covers with the pistol holsters for when (hopefully soon) we get ccw.

I think everyone already covered what I carry with me for the most part but a funnel could come in handy as well

WTF! No cc? In utah your vehicle is is considered private party just like your house. If you can have a gun in your house without a permit then you can have one in your vehicle. I have a ccp but even if I didn't I could still legally carry a gun in my car.
I'm going to look into them seat covers.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
WTF! No cc? In utah your vehicle is is considered private party just like your house. If you can have a gun in your house without a permit then you can have one in your vehicle.

Louisiana is the same way. You can also open carry, just not concealed.

I never leave without the phone # to AAA %)

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Soldering iron and electrical tape for me...

Oh, and JB Weld....had to patch a gas tank once.

fuzzy2133

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Spool of bailing wire
winch recovery kit (controller, shackles, chain, snatch block, recovery strap and tree strap)
cell phone
survival knife (has matches, small mirror, fishing line and compass in the handle)
1 QT Oil and ATF
5 Gallons drinking water (works for you and the truck)

OP
OP
Punisher

Punisher

Electric tape is a must also. Not only for wires but it works good for band aids.
I have a small machete. Maybe I should trade it for a survival knife.

OP
OP
Punisher

Punisher

Not necessary but something I always take out of habit. A bag of beef jerky.

rhino2104

Don't own a Bronco currently but this is what resides in my truck and every truck I have ever owned. High rise jack, 4 way lug wrench, tool kit, heavy duty jumper cables, tow chains, usually a metal hangar or two, flash light, 1st aid kit, duct tape, a blanket, and a roll of paper towels. And I always carry a good quality pocket knife with me. For off roading I should add a camp shovel or entrenchment tool and a fire extinguisher.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
WTF! No cc? In utah your vehicle is is considered private party just like your house. If you can have a gun in your house without a permit then you can have one in your vehicle. I have a ccp but even if I didn't I could still legally carry a gun in my car.
I'm going to look into them seat covers.

Let me re-phrase. I CAN carry a gun in the car.....as long as its unloaded and firearm is cased with ammo in another location....what a joke.

The seat covers from wet okole are great - definately check those out. I'm on my second pair and love them. First pair lasted 8 years and half of this time the truck was stored under a carport with the top off. Got filled with snow a bunch of times too

mrron2u

Loc.
Overland Park, KS
I need to add a lot of stuff to my bronco. I need to find a good lockable storage container first. What are people using in the respect? I did get caught needing a tow strap the other day - thankfully my rescuer had one on him!