• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

thinking about buying my 1st bronco ned a little info

OP
OP
R

Rob9981

I'm looking for something that I can take up to Big Bear or around Southern CA and do some light/medium trails with nothing to crazy right now. no rock crawling or climbing up waterfalls just yet lol. My buddy just got a jeep and while we were up there I saw a bronco and i have always liked the looks of them so I thought it might be cool to see if I could find one. I'm in the process of restoring a 65 mustang that I've had for 15 years so restoring a bronco at the same time wouldn't be ideal. It doesn't need to be the nicest looking thing to start with just solid and fairly straight.

Sabas

We have a run goin to calico in a couple weeks, then koh, then tds, then big bear bronco bash in July, you can check us in the the so cal broncos yahoo group.

OP
OP
R

Rob9981

Thanks Sabas! just joined the group on yahoo. theres a trail i saw while up in Big bear thats sponsored by a so cal bronco club, any relation to this yahoo group?

Sabas

Yup that's the group I'm in. usually 50 broncos show up. We do all runs from fire road to John Bull . Like everyone has said look at some rigs before you drop some coin. Broncos are an addiction.

OP
OP
R

Rob9981

Sabas- Ya, I think it was on a trail that led to John Bull where there was a log and a trail that went off to the right that was pretty steep and rocky where I had to turn around. My buddy in the jeep thought he could make it but decided to turn around with me and wait to do it for the first time during summer. Its was a blast though!
Oakland- Yes I have been looking at all the posts in the for sale section thanks, theres a lot of nice ones on there.

tw322

Rob,
Keep up the hunt. It may take awhile to find the right one but there tend to be quite a few in L.A. And surrounding areas. It took me about 6 months before I found mine and it is still a work in progress. I will keep you in mind if I come across any in my area. Good luck.

bsquared

Contributor
Welcome Rob and good luck with the search.

Too bad the earlier one was a scam, but keep looking, especially in the adds on here. If you do find one that has been recently painted or Line-X'd, do your best to look on the backside or underside of whatever was done. Plan on crawling under the truck and ask the seller to send pics.

Obvious places to look at: Door posts and jams, floors, tub, etc. I'm trying to help a friend weld in new floor pans and I suck at that type of work. If you're good at body work, then rust shouldn't scare you, but I am body work "challenged".

Again, welcome and good luck!

OP
OP
R

Rob9981

Thanks bsquared, Ya the whole time it sounded to good to be true, thanks for the info everyone has been helpful and very nice.