• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

this Bronco family is awsome beyond words!

RT

Bronco Guru
most every year we take the Bronco on torture test by spending two or three weeks on the road and trails for 3-4000mi per run. Sometimes two or three times in the year. not to mention its my driver.

And most every year we or someone in our group gets help in one way or another, and the people go way out of their way to help. When I tell friends and family about our adventures they shake their heads in amazement ( and also wonder why we put ourselves in that position, but they don't understand wheelin'. hah!)

This years no exception. We just did a run from Surrey BC, through 3 state parks, the 50th at Big Bear and was heading the long way home when we blew a head gasket badly. One of the few spares I don't carry! No roadside fix for this. For normal folks this could be bad. But we ain't normal

Being far from our group didn't matter as after a few ideas and phone calls with our family we were set up with a tow, place to work and more offers of help than you can shake a wrench at! Looks like I should be back together rollin' tomorrow!

A huge thanks to Jim, James, and all at Wild Horses for keeping us off the streets, Dave R for helping big time with the tow, Felipe at Pete's towing for the great entertaining ride, Danny and all the SoCal group for spreading the word, Craig and Danny for offering to tow us to their houses, and John W for offering to tow us all the way home! Damm! I'm sure I'm missing someone.

We all know this is one heck of a group, I feel very lucky and proud to be a part of. Words don't do it justice, at least not my words. What a life experience.

Gonna stop here before I get sappy, finish my Tequila and hit the sack. Big day tomorrow.
Pics coming if I can get them off my ol' flipping phone. ha

sriha

Best of luck on your journey. It is great to hear that there are still good people out there with and the crap in the news today.

Toddpole

Contributor
Couldn't agree more! Bronco people are by far the best people around.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
heck yeah brother, a great community.. Hope the rest of trip is good to ya

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Hopefully you will be on your way soon and have no other problems but It's awesome that you can always could on your Bronco Brothers no matter what happens. :cool:

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Nice to see people helping out where they can. Pretty awesome of (Bart) offering to tow you all the way home! I was keeping tabs on this through a chain of text messages. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. It was great seeing you two again..

Mark.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
That sure puts the spirit in your adventure. It was nice to see the Bronco Brotherhood from north of the border, and I'm glad it worked out well for you.

OP
OP
RT

RT

Bronco Guru
we got 'er all wrapped up tonight about 7pm. Took 'er for about a hour run around town, seems to be good.
No noticeable leaks, noises or smells, oil pressure water temp and throttle response all seems good, lets go!!!
sorry no pics, didn't bring my micro sd to usb converter thingamagigger.
a little more Tequila and I'm off to bed. Dori has a early morning route kinda more or less playing by ear decide as we go absolutely not planned out.
what could go wrong ?? Hah!!