• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Those of you who have sold your Bronco...

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
How long after you sold it did it take for you to start looking and wanting another one?
Just curious...I want to know what I have to look forward to. ;)

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
From 2004 to today I have owned over 16 broncos. I have 3, 2 run and drive the other is a project. My total is 19.5. I hope the new owner enjoys them as much as I did.

crab

Bronco Guru
Before I sold it;D
Sold my '70 to free up some cash to find a crawler donor. So immidately! Picked up a '73. Several years later when times were good, picked up another '73 which I sold to buy a '68.
Bronco's are kinda like guns to me. You never actually sell them, more barter and trade them;D

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Just a few minutes. I'm still without one and its been 19 years:eek::eek:! However I'm very close to having one again. Wish me luck!!!!:):)

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've sold several, but have always sold one of the "extra" ones - don't know what I would do if I sold my last one. The withdrawal symptoms would be too great :eek:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Looking before I sold.
Year and a half later I found one that was an almost. But I need to wait just a little more. Lets just say that what I am looking for is about the total opposite from what I sold. Bronco with a V8 is about all that is in common.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Well, I haven't sold mine, but thought this might fit here. ;D

Signs of Bronco withdrawal
-Following any Bronco you see. Anytime. Anywhere. Until you get stuck & can't follow anymore.
-Driving your wife's Honda over parking bumps to try to satisfy the need to rockcrawl.
-Driving on the center line so the bumps remind you of your mud terrains.
-Not watering the lawn so that you will have access to some dirt.
-Duct taping a wooden spoon to the trans bump because it's uncomfortable to drive without a transfer case shifter.
-Going to the junkyard & looking for old cars to tear into just because you miss working on drum brakes.
-Lining your bath tub with Al's Liner.
-Continuing to look on Craigslist for parts to put on the Bronco that you know you'll eventually have.
-Driving with your head out of the window because you miss being able to put the windshield down.
-A plate of spaghetti makes you sad because it reminds you of the original wiring behind your dash.

75Denver

The day after I sold mine!! But that was only because when I went to purchase my new replacement Bronco for $1,200 the wife of the owner said it was not for sale and that it would take something closer to $12,000. So instead, I was out two Broncos in 24hrs. One I practically gave away and the other got away:cry:.

73EB

Loc.
Bentonville, Ar
I've looked just about everyday since I sold it. There is not a good enough reason to sell it so don't. Keep it unless you love that awful sick stomach feeling of regret. This is assuming your not going to turn around and buy another one.

Louie

Bronco Guru
If you hate withdrawl...don't do it (or have another one waiting in the wings)! Check out my tag line :D

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
I put mine up on ebay once... I took it down before any bidding started. I just could not do it.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I'v owned Broncos sence 1979(even a B-ll once)But never been without. I have sold some doners that I wish I had kept and once I sold an org. uncut 66 1/2 cab to my dad and within a few weeks I had to have it back. I sold it a few yrs later for WAY more than I had in it and that was in 1983 and I hate to think what it would bring now.

Dark Knight

Loc.
Youngstown Ohio
I have owned to a 71 and 77 the 77 was my resto project and noe they are both gone. I kick myself everyday but i am currently in the market for another, a nice driver.