• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts on new/custom fiberglass hood.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
So with the install of my injected 427W coming to a close, I've come to accept that my original hood with the classic scoop isn't going to clear everything. The PSC reservoir, the upper intake/throttle body/intake pipe and MAF all require more clearance. I already have the WH 1" body lift and don't want to go any higher.

I know that a lot of guys are running into the same issues as I am. My problem is I don't care for the looks of most of the aftermarket fiberglass hoods out there. I do like the WH Buckaroo hood but even it doesn't have the width in the scoop to clear everything.

Because of all that, I started looking at other hood designs and just exactly what I would need to clear everything and look aggressive at the same time. I talked with a local fiberglass guy that builds lots of Bronco parts. He says we can do it with a large scoop that's bonded to my current hood, or with a new hood altogether. I don't really care, I just want it to look cool.

Here is an example of what I'm thinking...but in a Bronco version. I'd like to get some opinions and see if there may be more demand for something like this than just myself. It's sleek, aggressive, and low profile.

Ford-Mustang-GT500-Carbon-Fiber-Black-Mamba-Hood.jpg

TF10024-A54KR-L-4_Venom_KR_lg.jpg

OP
OP
airbur

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
No idea yet. If there seems to be a good amount of interest (via this thread:)), then he'll tend more towards a hood most likely. Otherwise it will be a scoop that is fused to the OEM hood.

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
I would be careful doing a glassed section onto your metal hood. Since you will be cutting up most of the steel hood for clearance there will be a lot of load on the fiberglass section holding the hood structure together. This may after time cause cracking. If nothing else get a glass good and have him work with that.