• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thumbs Up to SVA Power Products!

Bronco919

Loc.
Cypress, Tx
Would like to say thanks to Raymond Knight of SVA Power Products (RRRAAAYYY2) for the SVA Lightning alternator. Just got it installed, and it is amazing! I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not, but it seems to start faster, and idle smoother. Used to have a rough idle, now it seems a lot smoother.
Now the only problem is that I have a tiny belt squeak like RRRAAAYYY2 said I probably would have. Guess it's time for the serp. belt setup.

Again thanks!!

Sam
;D

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
that was a problem for a few friends of mine too. when i bought my 3G, i also bought a heim joint adjustment rod and put it in place of the lower alternator slide bracket. it's much easier to adjust my alternator now, and i've never heard a peep out of the belt.

broncosis

Loc.
long island,ny
Hi where did you get the adjustible heim rod? I've been looking for one for a while,my bottom bracket slips constantly. Thanks Bill

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i got mine from the long beach swap meet, i know zoops also carries them. be prepared to spend about $40.00 on one.

you may be able to get one through www.mcmastercarr.com also.

if you have any hot rod shops locally, they should be able to get you one too.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Sam,
Glad it all work out, and thank-you kindly for the compliment. It is possible the alternator made a difference in your idle. If your old alternator was in really rough shape, it may have been draining voltage out of the system at idle (instead of producing). With proper voltage to your ignition it may be running smoother. The new alternator is also using a tiny bit less hp as well.
More likely it is just wishful thinking on my part that alternator would make that much of a difference. :) Though in real high load race cars, there is a very noticable difference in ET and mph with an alternator change.
In the end I am just glad it is in and working, and you are happy. Thanks