• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire bead question?

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I take it you didn't watch the vid........
I removed the core and let all the air out. At anything under 12psi I am burping air from the inside bead on the trail, i used to go to 6psi with my older IROKS. I have never seen a bead not seat better than that. And yes they were aired to 25 psi to seat.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Time for double beadlocks. Those look really loose to me, even for an IROK which have been known to have issues with burping air at trail pressures in the past. Do a search on Pirate4x4.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
Was the tire on the video a 16.5" rim diameter tire by chance? From what I understand 16.5" rims do not have the small retaining bump to help hold them on the rim.

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
15x8 Trail ready beadlocks. My last set was just standard 15x8's with no problems. I feel it is due to the company closing down and letting tolerances slip.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
It's hard to tell but it doesn't look like you got the inner bead seated. I know swamper can be a PITA to seat because the rubber around bead is huge.

If your using A type fittings on your compressor you can pull the valve stem and shoot air straight from the female connector into the tire. That way you don't get the restriction from the valve stem and the inflator. Usually it takes 2 pops to seat the inner bead. First you get small pop then a big one.

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
beads are fully seated, tires were driven and wheeled. All 5 tires are having the same problem.