• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire questions Dunlop Mud Rover

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I have a few questions about tires and tire size. I have no lift, large flairs and 32X11.50 tires right now. I just bought some M/T Classic 11's and went looking for tires. I found some Dunlop Mud Rover tires with a kinda nice tread pattern. Has anyone used these tires ? I would like to buy some 33X12.50s and they look like they will fit just fine. Anyone think I'll have a problem getting them to fit with no lift ? My 32's have never touched anything other than the radius arms went I make a tight turn. I don't do much off road stuff, just want bigger tires. Opinions pease :)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
you may hit on the front fenders if they are not cut already I've ran 33x12.50's with no lift but all the fenders were cut and had no problems on or offroad except for the radius arm rubbing you've already experianced

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Wow, that was fast. My fenders are cut and have flares from the old KbarS. They are pretty good size flares, much larger than a set I bought off e-bay for another bronco.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I have been running Dunlop Mud Rovers for about 4 years now. Personally, I think they are a good tire. I have gotten good wear out of them but I haven't kept track of the miles. They are a little noisy for my taste, but it seems they have gotten noisier as they have worn down. They are almost worn out now, so I am going to need to look for new tires before too long. Traction on wet pavement is pretty good, but my tires were siped when they were new, which I believe makes a huge difference on wet pavement. I lived in Utah for 3 years with these tires and they were fantastic in the snow. No complaints. I got mine when they were almost new (about 2K on them) and I only paid $300 for all 4.