• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire size and gears with 4R70W ?

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have new 9" with 4.10 tru-track locker not sure if I need 4.56? I plan on running 34" tires. Can I run 34" tires with 2 " lift springs and 1" body lift ,finders cut for bushwhacker flares . Anyone have any pictures with this tire sett up? Thanks Keith

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
4.10's should be fine but you might not use the od very much, there are a few gear calculators out there, but I usually use this one

I can't say for sure about the 34" tires, but 3.5" of lift is usually good for 35s, pretty common setup actually.

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
Set up the bumpstops correctly you could do it. You asked in the subject about the 4R70w, gears and tires, well my 35's and 410's are a pretty good match for a muti purpose Bronco. On the freeway at 70 mph is about 2400 rpm. If it is offroad and around town only then a lower ratio gear would be ok.

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My transfer case is a np205 With the gear calculator I get 1985 RPM at 70.Am I doing this correct does the transfer case have any bearing on this or is it straight threw in high? Thanks Keith

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
The t case really has no bearing on your rpms unless your in low range. You should be able to run 34's with your lift most tires are not actually the advertised size they may only be 33in tall. Gearing should be fine although the 4.56 or 4.30 would be better but no reason to swap out new gears. there close enough. Might want to make sure you have a camshaft thats suited for low rpms it will help out in the power department. Also the gear calculators dont take account for slippage the is usually present in auto trannys so the rpms might be slightly higher.