• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire size for uncut '77... max

mikemc

Loc.
Lake Tahoe
I know I've seen this question before but I can't find it in the old logs. I need new tires.

My '77 is uncut and stock - stock 15" wheels. I need to know what the max tire size I can go with is. I'm located in Lake Tahoe 7k feet up (lots of mud/snow) and 1/2 hour from the desert and I drive on the hwy a lot. So maybe you can suggest tire types?

While you’re at it can you help me wipe too? I feel like such a lame sh*t asking these questions but I figure you guys have been there & done that - maybe not the wiping part.

I appreciate your help!

Mike

77broncoguy

Loc.
Grand Rapids, MI
I've got a 77 uncut as well. I just switched from 235-75-15 to 30" x 9.5" x 15". It gives me an additional 1" or so under the axles. They appear a little skinnier than the 235's though, which was a surprise. You can't go wrong with BFG's, all terrains will get you past the chain checkpoints in CA, but the mud's are great in the snow. Believe it or not CHP made me chain up the muds though. :eek:

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
you can squeeze in sum 31/10.50's on that uncut... might see minor rubbing if you get it flexed up.... 30" no prob , Id do 31" in fact thats what I have.....
BFG muds uncut w/ 3.5" lift .... GL
MILO

68ford

Bronco Guru
you can run 33x9.50s stock, and if you trim just a little on the front, youll be able to flex the stock suspension completely without rubbing, great tires for economy and hwy, good ground clearance too. my friend had 33x9.50 mud terrains, they worked awsome, just borderline in the sand with stock motor.