• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire size on uncut Bronco

jasonb

Loc.
Howard City, MI
Does anyone know if 33x10.50r15 tires on factory 1995 Alcoa wheels will fit an uncut Bronco with a 3.5 inch lift? I have the James Duff monster long arm suspension. The kit has the big bumpstops, but I don't want to be banging off the stops all the time. It will be primarily street driven, and some sand dunes from time to time. I am not planning on running a body lift, but could possibly go with a 1 inch bl if necessary. Thanks.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Jason,
I ran 33x9.5 BFG with a 3.5" suspension lift (no body lift) with no issues, even trail riding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
jasonb

jasonb

Loc.
Howard City, MI
Thanks for the input! I think I will go with 31x10.50s. There is a new set of
33x10.50r15s on craigslist in my area on aluminum wheels for $650, but I am worried they might hit the leading edge for the rear wheel opening. Great looking Bronco by the way!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I couldn't run 33x9.5's with a 3.5" lift except on the road or a nice trail. Any flexing and the inner fenders would rub...hard. Front were already trimmed at the leading edge...
stock offset on the rims.

jimnrenee's77EB

Loc.
Ward, AR
I am running the james duff 3.5 heavy duty SL and have MT 33x12.5MT on mickey thompson 15x8's and don't have any problemson an uncut with a two inch body lift.

mini73

Pics?

I am running the james duff 3.5 heavy duty SL and have MT 33x12.5MT on mickey thompson 15x8's and don't have any problemson an uncut with a two inch body lift.

I am thinking this is the combo that I want to go with. Do you have any pics of your bronco with this setup? Thanks

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Wheel backspacing and STIFF suspension are the key to running that width tire... as I couldn't run 33x9.5" on factory backspaced 8" wheels when I tried that back in '86...

mini73

These are 33x10.50's on 15x7 slots and a 3.5" lift.

Nice looking bronco. I like the stance it has with 33's. I dont want to cut my fenders. Just trying to get a combo that I will like and that will work.First thing I want to do is the lift just need to know what I want to go with first. I know there is are other things I will have to do and consider with a 3.5 lift. Just want to make sure that If I do decide with a 3.5 lift that I can do everything.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
These are 33x10.50's on 15x7 slots and a 3.5" lift.

Can you articulate the suspension without rubbing the tires?

I have a 2.5" lift on my lubr. I'm doing more green to blue trails and would really like to go with some larger tires. I'd prefer 10.5" wide tires over 9.5".