• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire suggestions for non-lifted, cut rear 71

Millar

Contributor
Loc.
Birmingham
I am back to the well once again. Thanks for all the good advice, suggestions and knowledge thus far. My project has started and I would like input on tires for my truck. There is no lift of any sort and the rear fenders are cut. Currently, the tires are 31 x 10.5 x 15. I wanted to know what the biggest tire I can comfortable run on this set up. I will be getting new rims as well (suggestions welcome). Keep in mind, this truck wil mainly see the street with some very light off-road (mainly 2 track to the river to trout fish). Also, is there a hub/bolt pattern or anything else I need to be mindful when doing my rims and tires? Pics would be great of similar set ups. Thanks again guys.

Millar

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Welcome back and good to here you doing better.:) I purchased a cut, stock height 76 this past summer. It is set up with 33" x 9.5" wild countries on 15" x 8" wagon wheels rims. I haven't had it off road yet but it appears theirs plenty of room for light wheelin. Looking at my pictures in my gallery, you will notice that the front fenders have been trimmed a bit at the front of the wheel opening. It was done by the PO, so I'm not sure if it would be needed.

If you would like some addition pic's. Send me a private message with your email and I"ll send you a few.

Fred

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
I have 33-12 1/2 x 15's on 15 x 10 steel rims with 4 1/2" back spacing. When I bought my Bronco it had 31-10 1/2 x 15's. My front wheel wells were bent in near the front bumper when I got the truck from the 31's hitting it. I needed new flares in the back because they were old and cracking so I decided to cut the front for new flares too. When I ordered my springs, front and back, I was under the impression they were stock height, but I've been told by a couple Bronco experts near me that they equate to a 1 1/2" suspension lift. But that is about all the rise I got out of the new springs vs the old sagging ones. My front bumper measures 22 3/4" off the ground and the rear bumper is at 20". I've taken it off road a couple times with no clearance issues. Not hard core climbing but I got the wheels tucked up in the wells quite a bit with the other side extended about a foot. I wouldn't go any bigger than 33's without more lift but I'm really happy with the truck's ride height, stance and handling. This is my DD so it sees a lot of pavement. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 121111phone 031.jpg
    121111phone 031.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Millar

Millar

Contributor
Loc.
Birmingham
Thanks Gu

Really good info. It will help in my search. Btw, both your trucks are sweet. My upgrade list is out pacing my completion list, but that seems par for the Bronco course. I am shooting for a mid/late April completion date.......hopefully.

Thx again,

Mike