• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tired of FI tech computer falling

Tulsa76bronco

Does everyone use the suction cup to the window method? I am re doing my dash and was wondering if anyone has figurpred out how to mount it anywhere. It would have been easier if the connections were coming out of the bottom...bad design

charlesawhite

My suction cup doesn't work anymore and the wires out the top is a horrible design. I would think flipping the screen wouldn't take much software work. I've been looking for a cell phone holder to clamp to my roll bar but I haven't found one I like. I wish there was a phone app we could use instead.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Why are you needing the handheld active all the time? Just curious. I used it to tune and dial it in and now it is tucked away in the glovebox for trouble shooting only.

kaw700zn

Loc.
Chandler
I have seen on Icon Bronco (I believe) where some type of touch screen was hidden behind ash tray door. Really cool idea. I was thinking about doing that with mine or simply putting it in arm rest console like a radio. However, for both solutions, the wires are sticking out and some kind of angle adapter would need to be created. Keep us posted if you have some creative idea.

ChrisC74

Does everyone use the suction cup to the window method? I am re doing my dash and was wondering if anyone has figurpred out how to mount it anywhere. It would have been easier if the connections were coming out of the bottom...bad design

I use a Crawltunes roll cage quick release clamp and a RAM Mount X Grip universal.

http://www.crawltunes.com/home.php?cat=258

http://www.rammount.com/products/x-grip/un7-purchase

The combo is rock solid.

I have a bar going just over my dash.

I have emailed and called asking FITECH to add programming to flip the screen and have never gotten a response. Cords would be much better coming out the bottom.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
That's like Baumann's controller design for years...bunch of wires coming out 2 different sides...really? I asked them about it every year... I called Kevin and asked...he's say "yeah, we get asked that..." Extremely difficult to mount and have it usable. I just let it rattle around in the console...velcro ...

OP
OP
Tulsa76bronco

Tulsa76bronco

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks it is a terrible design, I don't have a tach so I look at it on occasion. It would be nice if there was a 90 degree connector then I would run it right out of the top of my dash since I no longer have the dash pad on

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's designed to be looked at while you're standing at the fender. Wires out the top away from you as towards the carb. If they ran the wires out the bottom the cable would have to be longer and someone would complain why it wasn't run out the top because it's a poor design to look at while standing at the fender. That being said, Holley's Sniper has a long cable and is on the bottom.