• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tired of fixing

matts460

It would be nice to get FORD parts for these old trucks, Anymore I have had much better luck with "new parts" from Napa instead of reman parts elseware. Bad part is these trucks or so old now that really just about any Bronco you find technicaly needs blown apart to the frame and should get nut and bolt resto. Just to erase the 50 years of sketchy replacement parts and shoddy PO work/mods. However that's not possible for most of us! Including me! I will say this Amen to shorty headers from Wildhorses! I mean Headers on a v8 that I don't have to remove to change the starter! That's how I know I wont ever have to change a starter again. lol

crankman

Being in the fifth decade now of Bronco ownership I tell you that yes it sometimes feels like that. But it seems to come in cycles. You will be going along fine for a year, maybe two, there are even weeks that pass when you don't even raise the hood (!, yes it is possible). Then, bam! one thing after another. When the 76 passed through the magical 100k boundary it was alternator, starter, carb, brakes, drive line, etc etc. Then it all smooths out and you are happy as a clam again....for a while.

This is so true, couldnt have send it better

LilMixedUp

Loc.
Bonaire
That's why I like having two!! (wife thinks one is for sale...but) work on one and drive the other... even when both are runnig fine there's always upgrades:)

bbolander

I went through a lot of years spending lots of time and money fixing and upgrading our 69 and 77. Both were our daily drivers and after a while they were both really dependable. But I finally decided I needed ONE new vehicle and sold the 77 to my Brother. Then being older no longer interested in working on them I bought a new 2006 Rubicon and sold the 69 to my Daughter. I'm happy with the vehicles we have now and they're what's best for us. But I sure wish I'd kept the 69 as a non-daily driver! I miss not having one, but I'm not going to start over with another one now. I do have a 71 Pinzgauer that's been really fun.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
That's why I like having two!! (wife thinks one is for sale...but) work on one and drive the other... even when both are runnig fine there's always upgrades:)

I can totally relate to this, wife allowed me to buy the 72 because the 66 tub was taking so long, but the deAl was I had to sell one when the 66 was ‘done’....and we all know when that will be ;D