• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Title Question (model colum)

71U150

I have a 1971 Bronco. I recently transferred the title into my name and the title has the vin(U15...) year (1971) Make (Ford) but the Model is blank. I called and asked the DMV why it was blank and they said it was because this is how the title was recorded originally. I live in Colorado and have to get a vin inspection for them to add the Bronco in the model column. The paint code was special order silver. The DMV doesn’t have this on file either and the vin inspection would record the color as well.

My question to others before I open a huge can of worms with the DMV is Do most of you have Bronco in the model portion of the title were mine is Blank?

Rumcustom

From memory I think the model is ”wagon”. Personally I would not worry about it but I know some people want to be sure everything is filled in.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I remember once the options for the early years were
U13 = Roadster
U14 = Pickup (truck)
U15 = Station wagon

OP
OP

71U150

Thanks for the help! I didn’t want any title issues. Had a previous experience that was a nightmare. Long as it will work I’ll just leave well enough alone.

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
The Colorado title on my 71 only lists the year (1971) and the make (Ford) with nothing listed under the model. I guess the state doesn't care about the model, so I don't either. Under type it's just listed as a passenger vehicle. It's been that way for the 21 years I've owned it. No worries.
Mark.