• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

To my DC, MD and VA brothers (and sisters)

bbryanblr

Loc.
Cincinnati
Does anyone around the area know of a good place that i could rent some garage space? I dont need much... just an area i can keep the beast for a few months to do various projects. I got the "go ahead" from the old lady to spend some money on the horse and unfortunately dont have the space!!!

I am flexable on how much I can afford a month depending on how close it is to me (I live in Reston, VA).

PM or email me back if you have some info!

DEANCURTIS17

Loc.
Northern Virginia
Let me know if I can be of any help. I live right down the road in Herndon. I don't have any extra garage space, but tools and hands to lend to a fellow local EB'r.

Dean

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I am in Alexandria and also have no garage space, but I can help on occasion!

What all needs to be done? Renting a 10x20 might work, so long as you aren't needing tons of electricity & stuff like that!

OP
OP
B

bbryanblr

Loc.
Cincinnati
Thanks!

to both of you guys... I am new to the Bronco game (in ownership only) and can use all the help I can get. I have a lot of questions and want to do a lot of things... and have a fair amount of money to throw at this before this time next year.

I thought about renting a storage space but they get a little squirmy when you start talking about pulling a car/truck apart in their space. Here is the short list of what I am looking to do:

- Replace either the steel (floor, door posts, support steel) or go with a fiberglass tub. (any suggestions?)
- Put headers of some sorts on it
- Paint the frame (may need some welding done.... may even need a new frame)
- Lots of little things here and there...

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Sounds like the perfect rig for my new Garage... ;D

I drive the MD,DC,VA commute every day. From Reston it takes a hair over an hour to get to my house if you leave there at 2p.m. on the nose or earlier. Any later and it will take a good hour and 45 minutes.

I would love to help out, But my garage is still not finished. I got my EB in it. That is it at the moment. I still need elec. ran to it. Elec. ran throught it, siding, Garage doors, Grading done to the driveway. The deck on the house has to come down to make room for a bigger driveway. SO a new deck will be built to replace it. I still have to order the 2 post lift. Ohh and lets not forget about the newborn due in lets see, a few weeks 3-4 maybe. So unless you can wait a while I don't think I can help Bro.

We do need to have a get together.....

Is anyone going to the OC bordwalk hot rod deal!!! I know I am gonna miss out on it because of my little boy. I will pass it up anyday so I can be there on his day.

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Here is an updated pic. I think it would fit in there. ;D

Attachments

• DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
B

bbryanblr

Loc.
Cincinnati
Man that is one nice garage (even without off the the "guts")...

I am going to figure somthing out... just a matter of time... like i said.. i have the green light to go ahead and get my projects at least purchased so i am taking FULL advantage of it!! I would still like to meet up sometime soon (even after the little one is born). I was raised as a Ford boy... rebelled and went into Chebbys and then the Mopar angle with the J33ps. I always knew that i would end up a "family" man. Gotta make the dad proud! I have a few pix in my signature line below that will get greatly added to soon. I appreciate all of the info and feel free to IM me at 'bbryanblr'... i am online at work all day and sometimes in the evenings... (never on the weekends ;D )

cant wait to meet you all soon... by the way... who wants to tackle my Howell TBI kit that has been sitting on the shelf for about a year now????

;)

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
I have a complete 93 mustang motor, harness, dizzy, everything. That is on the list when the garage is done.

On a side note. A friend has a custom done Heep. Luckly it has a ford parts in it. Basically a heep body. He has dana 60's in the front and rear. Disks, 351, air everything. This guy did a good deal of work on backfilling my garage and moving loads of dirt. He hasn't given me a price for all the work. But something tells me that he is wanting me to do a mustang EFI swap to the 351 for the work.

My dad has an early 70's CJ5 and it has some throttle body injection system like you are talking about. Doesn't look that complicated.

The mustang stuff is a snap for me. I've built about 4 mustangs over the past 10 years. I am sure I will have a few small issues with wireing, but nothing I can't figure out.

71bronco should chime in soon. He is in Baltimore. We all have talked about getting together. So far the best local gathering was probably at MnkyBiz's house trying to get his rig ready before his little one was born.

71 BRNCO

OKay I am here. I am in Baltimore and have the same issue as you soon with no garage space. My parents really want the truck out but I am battling to keep it in the garage. I am purchasing a home soon with no garage so it will suck even more.

I have now talked several times about a get together and even had one that no one came to (Hooters downtown). I have no problem even having it at my house but I have to have more comittment and I will not make all the plans. I have been trying to keep a list on people.

Ryan, I will be going to Ocean City next week. JR is also. I am going to arrange to meet up with him for sure and we will cruise the two broncs around the beach.

kyle

Froggy77

Loc.
Wild West Fairfax,Va
I don't feel so bad now. I live in an apartment and rent a garage in our complex. When I started my project, years ago, I had space for my Bronco. Now it has become overrun with accumulated junk that is limiting my ability to work on the truck (that is changing very soon). But it has minimal power. By that I mean because it has a garage door opener it has one outlet total for the garage. I have tripped the fuse on more than one occasion, but the complex engineer is into 4x4's so I don't catch a lot of flak. I have been trying to talk my dad into using his barn/garage in Warrenton for years now with little success.
BTW, I am in western Fairfax in the Fair Lakes area.

Shelton823

Have fun in OC

Hey all hope you have a great time next week in OC. My 74 is in between engines so i wont make it up there this spring. I would look foreward to having some type of get together locally this summer. We need to create a thread that we can check back with occassionally to see what is going on in area. I havent wheeled locally mostly stop light to stop light but wouldnt mind a little dirt occassionally. If anyone likes drag racing youll fiind me at MIR on many friday nights with friends and i take the bronco when running. Have even made a few passes. Anyway lets keep up with the local DC stuff and try to get together.

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Shelton823 Hmmmm MIR and your rig. You even said it was a 74. How about a 74 2NV. Rings a bell. is this yours.

Attachments

• MIR another bronco.jpg
    MIR another bronco.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 14

Shelton823

Hey you have more pictures of my rig than i do

I take it your the guy with the other Orange mule at last years for show down there. Hows your rig this year any changes? Trying to live up to the liscense plate this year just ordered a full family cage with all the goodies from Mike at complete off road. Seems like a real good guy. Any body use him for a cage let me know what you think. And the big news is the stroker 408 going into the beast. I have no idea why but i had to bebuild the bottom end and figures for about 1500 more i could go big. Engine goes in next week cage the first week of June and interior rhino lined including cage the week after that. Should be up and running full speed by the end of June just keeping my fingers crossed.

Shelton823

Posted this elsewhere but local guys might be more interested

Due to upgrades on the old mule i have some parts for sale. Let me know if anyone locally wants a piece of these parts dont have a specific price in mind for anything would love to help out locals though.

Smitty Built half cage with uninstalled unpainted front cage addition.

Original power steering pump, works fine.

Original hood in good shape with bubble installed. (not for sale yet not replaced)

Old plastic flares cracked but still in one piece.

Current Engine which is being pulled needs new rings, burning oil sat too long, but runs strong. Sorry already sold the GT-40 Heads however i have the original windsor heads. Will need cam and oil pan/pick up. Not sure of the bore but when apart last year the cylinder walls were fine no scratches or scoring. Edelbrock Performer 351 intake also looking for home just picked up a performer RPM intake.

That is at least a start let me know if you guys working on rigs locally are interested in anyting.

Already had an offer on the cage but dont really want to ship it if i dont have to.

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Yea, that was me.

Nice to see you here on the boards. Stick around, and check out the Mass Buy section. Good deals come and go on there.

Nothing really that new, I new chrome rings, tailgate bucket, latch, liftgate latch. I have lift off hinges already, and a set of tube doors coming. Other than that still the same ol pos.

All my money is tied up in a new garage, and a facelift for the house. Ohh and the little boy coming the end of the month. ;D

Attachments

• MIR show.jpg
    MIR show.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 9

Shelton823

congrats on all the

Good luck with the garage and the kid. My kids are the reason for the family cage. Start saving now the wife might not let you take them in it without full protection. She doesnt know as much about the new engine though.