• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

todays parts haul...

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
got a call from a somewhat local guy a few weeks ago who had some bronco stuff to get rid of. he was planning to do a fiberglass tub, but then switched to a pro street camaro project. end of the bronco plan. tells me doors, hood, dash, clean dash pad and and some misc stuf and that their all in good shape as he was planning to use them himself. now, in general, im skeptical of anything people say about their parts, as ive seen more then enough people selling comepletly unusable crap and think it should be in the smithsonian. however, he also said hed just like to see these parts go to someone who can use them and he didnt seem to be the type that would highball me. he was extremley pleasnat actually, but due to weather at the time, we decided to wait until things warm up a bit.

well, i finally made it over to check out the goods. was a town about 60 or so miles away. so not a long drive, but not a quick hop either. but with the door value thread here yesterday, i figured id better get moving on things if those doors were as nice as this guy was saying.

well...the hood which i was interested in was run over earlier in the week by someone at the storage area. the dash had more rust than i would have expected and was missing most of the knobs and such. dash pad was good though. with only one tiny tear that i could find. the doors weren't perfect, but were pretty damn clean and complete. bottoms are solid and they should clean up quite well. id say they are better than three other sets here that i consider keepers. we'll see after further inspection. also in the pile were three grills, a straight chrome rear bumper, driveshafts, aux fuel tank, some chrome trim, power steering set-up, transfer case, lenses, steel door panels, complete heater box, and other random stuff.

i made an offer of 300.00 which he accepted without hesitation, so i loaded up the wagon with every bronco part he had...pretty much filling it to the brim..and headed home. front seats forward. rear folded down. everythig possibble to get it all to fit. :D

now im about to head out for dinner with some freinds so the unloading will have to wait, but here are a couple pics of what i drove home with.

Attachments

• haul.jpg
    haul.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 75
  • haul2.jpg
    haul2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 79

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
looks like you hauled in the motherload. glad to see him willing to sell it for pennies on the dollar so it will be put to good use, vs take it to the dump.