• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

toddz69 - intermittent wiper wiring

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Lost my instructions....

I have the unit all hooked up and attached to the wiper pull and the box is mounted under the dash. Now it is time for the removable socket that attaches to the power feed and the 4 wires going to the wiper motor. There are 7 wires...4 of which are for the wiper motor (got those).. the green w/white ( I think is for the washer pump)...that leaves two wires - orange w/white and black. One of which has to be for the power from the fuse block...which one and what is the other for?

Todd - you got answers?

Attachments

• wiper diagram.JPG
    wiper diagram.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 57

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Lost my instructions....

I have the unit all hooked up and attached to the wiper pull and the box is mounted under the dash. Now it is time for the removable socket that attaches to the power feed and the 4 wires going to the wiper motor. There are 7 wires...4 of which are for the wiper motor (got those).. the green w/white ( I think is for the washer pump)...that leaves two wires - orange w/white and black. One of which has to be for the power from the fuse block...which one and what is the other for?

Todd - you got answers?

Black is definitely power. In looking at my notes here and trying to make some correlations between your colors shown, I'm unfortunately drawing a blank right now....:-(. The picture you're showing me is of the black plug on the switch/delay box side, correct? And I'm looking at the end where the male spades stick out, right?

I think I can figure it out for you if I have a little more time to think about it.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

OP
OP
brian72

brian72

Early Bronco Student
yes - what you see is the plug that plugs into the male plug that goes to the delay box and the wiper pull knob. I will try and get a pic.

TBP

brian72,

Orange and white is the power for the wipers. Black was the power for the washer pump. The black one will likely not be used with the intermittent setup as the washer power is also supplied through the orange and white. There will be a blank in the intermittent connector where you show your black wire. You can just leave it to be able to switch connector or you could remove it.

Good luck,

TBP

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
yes - what you see is the plug that plugs into the male plug that goes to the delay box and the wiper pull knob. I will try and get a pic.

TBP is correct - I was wrong. The orange/white is the switched power from the ignition. I was trying to cross-reference everything from an earlier Ford pickup wiring diagram and got confused. It sure would be easier if Ford had used common wire colors on their vehicles!

Todd Z.

TBP

Todd,

Got my wiper setup from you some years ago and just got around to hooking it up. Thanks for the setup and the info at the time.

TBP

TBP

The green/white wire should go to the washer pump. Your drawing looks to have it in the correct position.

TBP

OP
OP
brian72

brian72

Early Bronco Student
will try and get it hooked up tonight or tomorrow...

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Thanks Brian for posting this. I have one hooked up currently but have had trouble getting the washer pump to operate so the wiring harness will help me track down the problem too.

Ben

OP
OP
brian72

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I got mine all hooked up last night and turned the key on and turned the wiper knob...nothing. What the heck? Decided to check the fuses...the wiper fuse was robbed at an earlier date. Oh well, trip to the parts house.

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Thanks Brian for posting this. I have one hooked up currently but have had trouble getting the washer pump to operate so the wiring harness will help me track down the problem too.

Ben

I have this same issue. I need to look at it a little closer as I remeber the blank slot on one of the plugs is connected the washer pump wire in my case which explains why it's not work for me.

Todd, it is supposed to work right?

thanks

OP
OP
brian72

brian72

Early Bronco Student
alright...got it. Driver side wiper in place and working great. Gotta figure out the delay thing, only seem to get it working on high and low speed.

But can't find other rubber piece for passenger side arm...back to parts house.

TBP

brian72

Make sure the wiper switch is well grounded via the attached grounding wire. My delay seemed to be a little squirrelly until I grounded it well.

Good luck,

TBP

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have this same issue. I need to look at it a little closer as I remeber the blank slot on one of the plugs is connected the washer pump wire in my case which explains why it's not work for me.

Todd, it is supposed to work right?

thanks

Yes, the washer pump should work just fine.

Todd Z.