• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toms Bodies

mebco09

So I just received an email from Tom's advertising their new Bronco bodies. Have not seen any threads on here about them, so I am assuming that they are a new offering.

Wondering if anyone has seen them, and most importantly, where their price sits vs. the other body options.

Pretty complete body as advertised, and only a long days drive from me.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Tom’s price is $18500 on the website. There are others charging $15k-$16k and up. General ballpark pricing but def more expensive.

Tom’s May be a better option for the local guys out in OR. As a NC guy, I’d source from Dennis Carpenter (start at $16k) or Rust Belt Broncos (start at $14k)

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw my first brand new body bronco on Sat, it looked well gapped and such, but looked wrong, like something was off with it?

Mikes79Bronco

Loc.
Homer Glen, IL
Tom’s price is $18500 on the website. There are others charging $15k-$16k and up. General ballpark pricing but def more expensive.

Tom’s May be a better option for the local guys out in OR. As a NC guy, I’d source from Dennis Carpenter (start at $16k) or Rust Belt Broncos (start at $14k)
The Dennis Carpenter bodies don't include the hood, fenders, grille & tailgate right? Which would put the price more in line with the Tom's body anyway.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
The Dennis Carpenter bodies don't include the hood, fenders, grille & tailgate right? Which would put the price more in line with the Tom's body anyway.

Agreed. Plus they have options for Ford stamped parts (grill and tailgate) vd non-stamped ones which also changes the pricing when you include those.

They’re all in the same ballpark and shipping certainly plays a part in total cost as well.

One other considerations is final fit and finish. I don’t have the wallet for a new body, but general feedback is that the bodies always need tweaking and finish work ahead of paint. If there’s a body assembler that’s better at those details than others, that’s a big savings in body shop labor when it goes to paint.

SeaVee

Contributor
When I looked into Dennis Carpenter bodies 2 years ago it was a 3 year wait. Decided to restore my existing body- not sure if that was the best idea but it’s done now. It’s not like the body shows up and can go straight to paint, but the quality looked great. IMG_4679.jpeg

Mikes79Bronco

Loc.
Homer Glen, IL
I just priced it out on Dennis Carpenter site. By the time I added everything that's included in the Toms price it came out to 18,424.75. So they are the same price, if Toms fit an finish is better AND they are in stock then its a win for an extra $75. Now who out there has the deep pockets and will do a side by side comparison of the fit an finish? :ROFLMAO:

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I have a local buddy that is getting a body built by Rust Belt which should be delivered late June / early July. I’ll let you know what his body guy says!

Personally, I’m getting darned good at saving rust buckets. Few local guys asking me to replace and repair rusted panels but I need to get set up as a business to protect family assets.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
If looking for a new body check out Northeast Classics. They have two locations Pennsylvania and Florida.
From what I've seen their fit and finish is very good.

Mikes79Bronco

Loc.
Homer Glen, IL
I have a local buddy that is getting a body built by Rust Belt which should be delivered late June / early July. I’ll let you know what his body guy says!

Personally, I’m getting darned good at saving rust buckets. Few local guys asking me to replace and repair rusted panels but I need to get set up as a business to protect family assets.
I'm tired of rust repair, I'm considering going the new body route for my next bronco build. If you have any questions about starting a business PM me and we can chat, I have a few businesses.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Their prices are very comparable to the rest. Call Nick and talk specifics with him.
Tom's always has quality products but I would think shipping to the east coast would be ridiculous