• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tonneau Top for 1970 Bronco?

Mass70Bronco

Loc.
Hingham
I am looking for a top that will cover the interior (and keep it dry) without having to put the soft top up. Ideally something that allows the driver area to zip open. I have one on my '73 MGB (sample)... anyone know if something like this exists for broncos? thanks

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I would think any decent upholstery shop could set you up....see if you can't find one near you, give 'em a call, and take the EB over to see what they say.

I've got a shop that's currently fixing/restoring my STC softtop and when they finish that I'm going to have them quote making me a tonneau cover for the rear. I doubt one could be mass-produced simply because no 2 EB's are built the same (unless they're bone stock, which would be a very small segment of the market), so custom is likely your only option.

zonasvt

Loc.
Tucson, AZ
I like the idea of a tonneau also, but thought that the ease of install and removal would diminish with a rollbar, don't you think?

also, with the rear seat in place, I think it would look kinda funky with the tonneau in place.

fwilder

I think most hardware stores have them. I think they come in various sizes and are typically BLUE. I hold mine down with bungies. ;D I have 2 going around my mirrors, 2 with plastic hooks on one end that go to my rear fender flares and one long one that goes under my rear bumper and up to the other side. If you get the right size it will fit pretty sung and keep the weather out.

OP
OP
Mass70Bronco

Mass70Bronco

Loc.
Hingham
Good suggestions. The blue one will probably be the one I get! My rear seat folds down and is seldom used, so my thought was that the back would look much like a pick-up deck cover. But the upholstery route is a good one - especially because the hardware/snaps for my BestTop are already in place. I'm going to look in to it. Thanks

OP
OP
Mass70Bronco

Mass70Bronco

Loc.
Hingham
...it is too bad that the previous owner of my bronco had new carpeting put in. The first thing I would have done in his situation was REMOVE all the carpeting and anything else that would rot when wet. Oh well. At least he did a good job.