• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Took the Bronco down to the local auto part store

Comemonday71

Contributor
Hi Guys!
Ok, thought you all would appreciate this……Took the Bronco down to the local auto part store this past weekend to get some Loctite. Park in space right by the front door and go in. I’m in the back of the store and hear one of the store employees say “man you see that Bronco out there, who's is that? Man, that is a nice one!” I go the counter with a little grin on my face, buy my stuff get in the Bronco and leave. I’ve owned my Bronco for 34 years but still get a kick out of it when others understand just how cool an original is!

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I was at the Lakeside AZ post office today and a guy followed me in and turned out is a bronco brother on here and has a 73 bronco he is working on I have seen his bronco in the carport never saw anybody there now I know . I was driving my green 77 and as we were talking another guy stopped and ask what year is it .

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
If I have the time I will chase any early bronco down! No one is safe in South Carolina when I’m on the road! I’ve met a many good bronco owners out there!!!

destroyer000

i was at wendys over the weekend and a guy in a prius goes "yo bro" thats sick! what year is it? i say a 74 and he goes what is it? a ranger? ehh no a bronco, man! that thing is fire! haha

d4xycrq

Loc.
Boyertown
Best thumbs up I got was in England. Just got my '77 out of paint jail. Little old lady driving a <real> Mini grins ear to ear and gives me a thumbs up.

OP
OP
Comemonday71

Comemonday71

Contributor
Yeah, I work in “Old-Town” Pasadena which is a blast. A lot of places to shop, eat and drink. Anyway, unfortunately there are many homeless in the area as well. As long as I have owned the Bronco the coolest thumbs up was from this homeless guy who literally ran into the street to get my attention and give me a thumbs up. I gave a big smile and thumbs up back at him.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The one that still makes me grin is after stopping for breakfast on a morning drive, heading out of the parking lot and passing a lady pulling in. She leaned halfway out her window and hollered “I just wanna hug your truck!”

chuckyb

Contributor
The one that still makes me grin is after stopping for breakfast on a morning drive, heading out of the parking lot and passing a lady pulling in. She leaned halfway out her window and hollered “I just wanna hug your truck!”

Well that ones a beauty there LUBr LuvR looks great on my calendar, I can’t stop looking at it :)

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Mine is the only one I have seen on the road since I moved here 12 year ago. I don't think a lot of folks around here know what it is. A logger wanted to trade it even up for a TRD.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well that ones a beauty there LUBr LuvR looks great on my calendar, I can’t stop looking at it :)

Much appreciated chuckyb. With all your progress on Pebbles, those kind words mean a lot! I’ve had a few ‘hey that looks just like’ moments the last couple days, lol.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
We shoukd meet up around gallipolise sometime. I live just about 15 min from there. I have a couple of buddies with broncos here. That way you can see a few. Lol

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I first bought the '66 (from Anthony Ramos who was xcntrk on here) wife and I pulled out onto the bypass of our little town. Two guys and their women on Harleys drive past and all four of them give us a thumbs up! She looked at me and said "Don't you ever buy anything that doesn't draw attention?!" ;D

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Took my Bronco to the local NAPA a few weeks ago and lo and behold, flushed out another local EB owner. We talked and shared photos on our phones for a while, he's in the middle of a frame-off resto just a few miles from me. :cool:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
First thing I thought of when hearing you were driving your eb to the parts store.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1562080293890.jpg
    FB_IMG_1562080293890.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 38