• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

torq

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
This is some stock info I had in the file, but be careful as aftermarket parts can be significantly different. Good luck.

Attachments

• head torque.jpg
    head torque.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 11
  • torque specs (247 x 600).jpg
    torque specs (247 x 600).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That looks like head bolt torque. Aren't you looking for exhaust bolt torque? I wouldn't go more than 20 ft lbs on the exhaust, if you can get a torque wrench on them.

OP
OP
1970mule

1970mule

Bronco Guru
header, exhaust bolt torq. they are headman headers if that makes a difference.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
header, exhaust bolt torq. they are headman headers if that makes a difference.

Are you using paper gaskets? If you are, DON'T! They will leak and you will get pissed off. Even if you soak them in water first. I recommend using the graphite coated or copper gaskets. Proper torque I believe is 22 ft lbs. Don't quote me on that but you should run the engine to operating temp, retorque them and run for another week and tighten again. After that, you shouldn't have any leakage issues.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
No Problem...........Only time I have ever had one leak is when I used paper gskets. If you use either of the other fore mentioned ones, you won't have a problem. - Mike