• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Toyota Power Steering Box

thing

Is it common to put Toyota power steering boxes on Broncos? Im looking at a 69 that has been converted using a ford pump and toyota box.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There are better, and there are worse. Now what I would call common, but a few have been done. If it was done well it should be fine. Compnents are OK, quality of the installation is what you need to inspect.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Been running my Toy IFS P/S box since the late 90's. I wheel in rocks, freeway, you name it.

Gotta look at it this way, all the Yoda boys running IFS boxes and I've never heard of them breaking. They are super tough.

Drag link is the key. Back a 15+ years ago there weren't many options, but now you can buy FJ 60 links that are tough as nails.

I used to run mine with the Ford pump, now I'm running it with PSC's hi-volume pump. Works great.

DonH

Loc.
WA State 30 miles from the beach
Been running my Toy IFS P/S box since the late 90's. I wheel in rocks, freeway, you name it.

Gotta look at it this way, all the Yoda boys running IFS boxes and I've never heard of them breaking. They are super tough.

Drag link is the key. Back a 15+ years ago there weren't many options, but now you can buy FJ 60 links that are tough as nails.

I used to run mine with the Ford pump, now I'm running it with PSC's hi-volume pump. Works great.

What is a IFS or a PSC ? Sometines us old timers do a lot of reading and have a need to have things spelled out. I do know what a BFH is though.

I have just installed a Nissan box and was told it is the same as the Toy box correct me if I am wrong. I have not or will not run it for awhile as it is a work in progress.You can do a search for my work . I will add when it all comes togeather.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
What is a IFS or a PSC ? Sometines us old timers do a lot of reading and have a need to have things spelled out. I do know what a BFH is though.

I have just installed a Nissan box and was told it is the same as the Toy box correct me if I am wrong. I have not or will not run it for awhile as it is a work in progress.You can do a search for my work . I will add when it all comes togeather.

IFS= independent front suspenaion

PSC is a company that specializes in porting power steering boxes for their hydro ram assist and hydro ram.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Nissan box is a different box. I know one guy that used it, but he's not a good "tester" of parts like I seem to be... ;)