• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TR Beadlock Wheel and Tire Packages

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
Who out there puts together a wheel and tire package? Mounted, balanced and shipped ready to put on rig?

Looking for TR 17 x 9 (3.5BS) with a 35 "BFG Mud KM2 or a 35" Toyo Open Country MT.

Thanks in advance.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Not seeing them with tires mounted anywhere.
But Wild horses and Bronco Hut have Trail Ready bead lock wheels.
Probably not going to find them with tires mounted since you can easily mount them yourself.
For balancing you can use balance beads. Good prices for balance beads on eBay.
With the locking rings at the edge of the wheel it would probably take a lot of stick on wheel weights to balance them so balance beads are probably a better idea anyway.

OP
OP
idus25

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
Gotcha. I have read that the BFG KM2 run pretty smooth on highway with out balancing. Thanks for the tip on the beads.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
BFG's may be the smoothest running big tires out there.

Lots of different balance beads on eBay.
Some are real small and fit through the valve stem some are bigger and will not so you have to break the bead on the tire.
Some are glass or ceramic. I hear they will grind into a dust eventually.
Some are lead but not perfectly round and don't distribute themselves around the tire well until you are going pretty fast.
Basically ....you get what you pay for so do your homework/research.

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
I bought nearly this exact package of tires and wheels, except the ones I got are 37"

The tires came from 4 wheel parts, located in the Seattle area. The wheels were bought direct from TR -located just North of Seattle. Once 4 wheel parts had the tires in stock, the guys from TR came down and got them, took them back to their shop and mounted & balanced. Next TR put them on a pallet and shipped them to me.

I choose to buy 37" rubber after LOTS of research and thought. However now I feel like I made a mistake. I'll live w/ the 37's because they're not easy to sell and I don't want to take a huge loss on the cost. However, now that I know better I would have choosen 35" rubber. IMO I think the 35" are about the perfect size and the 37" are just a little to big.

I had a great experience doing business w/ both companies and would recommend them to anyone!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/stores/Store-Info.aspx?sNo=52

http://trbeadlocks.com/

Here's one tire/wheel and you see the pallet in the back of my pickup

Installed and ready to roll....

C Saporito

I tried Dynabeads in my 39.5 Swampers, I couldn't believe the difference it made. Ceramic beads are supposed to last longer than glass, hopefully they don't disintegrate before the tires wear out.

It took forever to roll them down the valve stem, I suggest never installing them that way, put them in while mounting the tires.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I bought nearly this exact package of tires and wheels, except the ones I got are 37"

The tires came from 4 wheel parts, located in the Seattle area. The wheels were bought direct from TR -located just North of Seattle. Once 4 wheel parts had the tires in stock, the guys from TR came down and got them, took them back to their shop and mounted & balanced. Next TR put them on a pallet and shipped them to me.

I choose to buy 37" rubber after LOTS of research and thought. However now I feel like I made a mistake. I'll live w/ the 37's because they're not easy to sell and I don't want to take a huge loss on the cost. However, now that I know better I would have choosen 35" rubber. IMO I think the 35" are about the perfect size and the 37" are just a little to big.

I had a great experience doing business w/ both companies and would recommend them to anyone!

Sick, sick, sick.....

That thing is bad ass Bud.

bstein

I did TR's in 2010 and had the 37 x 13.5 x 17 Pit Bulls shipped to them to mount and stick on's where used @ 3 - 5 oz per tire on a PB .......
Larry @ TR was great to deal with to say the least. Im out of Canada and they where simply outstanding , a real pleasure.
We run the old style BFG mud's in a 35 on our half cab and the PB's in a 37 on the wagon so I really can't comment on the KM2's which look like a great tire, but I would run a PB all day any day.
Put a call into TR and I'm confident you will be impressed with them.
PS if you air down the Rapid Valves are a must have.
Good luck !

ren71

Too bad you're not closer, I'd love to trade my 35s plus cash for your 37s.