• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

trac-loc up front detroit in rear

jason

Loc.
harned, ky
i was wanting to get some feedback on this. maybe i should have did this before now. this past weekend i finished up my gear swap and lockers. i went with a detroit in the rear and a trac-loc in front with 4.88's. i have read alot of good things about the detroit. but have'nt read much on the trac-loc. i don't do any HARD CORE rock crawling. but i do enjoy doing some trail riding and a little mudding. will this limited slip type locker be a noticable upgrade over my old open front diff ?

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
You will probably notice the rear Detroit a lot more. It might make for a little tight steering in sharp turns

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
That's the same setup I've got, except I haven't put in my track lock yet. I thought it was a good setup. You sould have a pretty unstopable machine now... Be careful where you go!! LOL

OP
OP
jason

jason

Loc.
harned, ky
You sould have a pretty unstopable machine now... Be careful where you go!! LOL[/QUOTE]

that is what i was thinking... it should go were i have the b@lls to take it! ;)

PPiazza

Loc.
Newark California
I run a detroit in the rear and a tracklock in the front on my Bronco, and a Detroit in the rear and a ARB in front on my heep. To be honest I like to the Heep set up better.

The Tracklock works well, and does what it is susposed to do, but last week on a snow wheeling trip I noticed the tracklock wanted to pull me in different directions. With the Heep in the same kind of snow I simply turn off the ARB and run normal. I have not compared the two on rocks yet, but the EB seems to go where I want it. I also notice the EB binds if I am on hard surfaces more than the jeep, but that may be a weight thing. All in all I have no major complaints, but I do like the ARB better.

WheelingPiazza

What you will find with any type of limited slip weather its an aurbrn or track lock they will work when you really dont want them to and they wont work when your really want them to.

And Tracklocks in the rear a far worse in the rain then my detroits.

I ran all sorts of combos in my heep. From Tracklock F/R to Tracklock F/Detroit rear to the eventual combination of detroits front and rear. and by far I like the detroits front and rear. I have never had a problem steering on rocks nor have I ever had a problem with the detroited Jeep wanting togo where it wanted.

I do run a Twin Sticked transfercase so its really easy for me to drop the rear or the front out if I need to.

Steve
The other wheelingpiazza.

Loc.
Speedwell TN
send it back and get a detroit for the 44. twin stick is a good idea. you will not regret this setup.~bill