• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Track Bar (yeah, rookie question)

66Uncut

Contributor
I'm in the process of ordering some new bushings (radius arm, c-bushings, etc.) and was also going to order some track bar bushings then realized that I wasn't exactly sure what the track bar is.

Is this the track bar? %) Would the correct bushing kit be Moog K8447?

Thanks!

Screenshot_4_24_13_6_02_PM_1728B871.png

(ok, you can stop laughing now) ;D

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Are you sticking with stock rubber or upgrading to poly?

I went through JBG, their shipping is priced very well and their parts are definitely inline with what other places are asking. This way there's no questions.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
There are 4 different styles of links on an EB in the front suspension & steering setup:

1) Tie-rod link. Flat bar between the two steering knuckles.
2) Drag-link. Bar from the steering box to the tie-rod link.
3) Track-bar. Perpendicular bar between the vehicle frame and the front axle housing.
4) Radius arms (x2). Parallel suspension arms that run from each side of the frame - to each side of the front axle.

OP
OP
66Uncut

66Uncut

Contributor
Are you sticking with stock rubber or upgrading to poly?

I'm leaning towards stock rubber instead of poly but don't yet really understand the advantages of one over the other.

There are 4 different styles of links on an EB in the front suspension & steering setup:

1) Tie-rod link. Flat bar between the two steering knuckles.
2) Drag-link. Bar from the steering box to the tie-rod link.
3) Track-bar. Perpendicular bar between the vehicle frame and the front axle housing.
4) Radius arms (x2). Parallel suspension arms that run from each side of the frame - to each side of the front axle.

Thanks xcntrk!