• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trade 69 Mustang Fastback for bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariff390

Loc.
Lawrence
Hey guys,
Well I have thought long and hard about this and posted here a few times to get info. I am looking to possibly trading my 69 mustang for a early Bronco. I'd prefer the Bronco be 76-77 since from what I understand they seem to be better optioned. A little rust and fixing up does not scare me. As I went through that process on my mustang. Some things I'd like are power brakes\steering, A\C, Hard top, and doors. I am looking for more of the classic un-cut look. A bit of a lift is ok. Not really interested in a crazy rock crawler off road machine. I'd be using it for family adventures and what not. So if you are interested in a really nice mustang and you have a bronco maybe we can talk. Here is a link to my mustangs site.
http://www.wix.com/ariff390/MUSTANG
The only thing that really needs fixed on the mustang is some small rust bubbles in the lower door skins. That's all I really have left to do to her.
Thanks

Bundy

Bronco Guru
wow, she is beautiful... you can't have both huh? ;D

OP
OP
ariff390

ariff390

Loc.
Lawrence
Thanks! nope the better half would not allow that ;D
I sure wish I could have both though.

Bundy

Bronco Guru
that is my #2 dream car... keep trying to talk her into it

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
wish i had an extra bronco, third favorite mustang in order 65 f/b, 67, f/b and then 69. good luck, but it sounds like you have enough skills to find a good deal on a bronco and fix her up and keep your baby

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Keep the Mustang!! Piss on a Bronco, they'll just cost you more in the long run!!! Why trade down?

I would keep the Stang and just try and find a nice Bronco to start with.......its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission!

Nice car, good luck!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Keep the Mustang!! Piss on a Bronco, they'll just cost you more in the long run!!! Why trade down?

I would keep the Stang and just try and find a nice Bronco to start with.......its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission!

Nice car, good luck!

Lets see, I have an uncut 69, explorer motor, efi and wiring harness, 4r70w trans, under dash AC setup, power steering, discs, ...just needs some paint, body, and reassembly and I'll take the deal!!!!

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i agree with reg. tito must what do they have you smoking in cali ;D

OP
OP
ariff390

ariff390

Loc.
Lawrence
I should clarify.. To trade straight across it must be a Bronco of equal value ;) Or a Bronco of lesser value plus cash.
I'd love to have both. But I can only afford to have one project at a time. Not to mention the space. I only have space for one project. I love the mustang, but I am looking for a new project right now since she is pretty much done. With a Bronco I'd get much more use out of it than the mustang. I'd actually get to drive the Bronco in the winter. Where the mustang sits in the garage during the winter.
I have a soft spot in my heart for these old trucks. My Uncle taught me how to drive\work on cars in his 72 EB. He has since passed away. I was able to track down his Bronco, but the current owner won't sell it to me. So there is some what of a sentimental attachment with these trucks for me.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

grabbermach

What kind of value are you looking for out of the mustang? Are you willing to share the Vin (only need the first 6 digits) I have a 68 bronco, basically stock, uncut, recently restored that I may be willing to trade.

OP
OP
ariff390

ariff390

Loc.
Lawrence
I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 16k or so is what I'd like to get out of it. It is not an original car.. Was originally a 351 2v medowlark yellow. If serious I can share VIN info via PM. Any pics of your 68? I am kinda looking for a later model EB. But I am not sure what you have done to the 68?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I should clarify.. To trade straight across it must be a Bronco of equal value ;) Or a Bronco of lesser value plus cash.
I'd love to have both. But I can only afford to have one project at a time. Not to mention the space. I only have space for one project. I love the mustang, but I am looking for a new project right now since she is pretty much done. With a Bronco I'd get much more use out of it than the mustang. I'd actually get to drive the Bronco in the winter. Where the mustang sits in the garage during the winter.
I have a soft spot in my heart for these old trucks. My Uncle taught me how to drive\work on cars in his 72 EB. He has since passed away. I was able to track down his Bronco, but the current owner won't sell it to me. So there is some what of a sentimental attachment with these trucks for me.
Thanks guys!

ariff i understand that. i would love to have a 65/66 f/b project but no way would i get rid of my bronco and it isnt even on the road right now. be patient you should come out with a pretty good deal on a bronco.

grabbermach

I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 16k or so is what I'd like to get out of it. It is not an original car.. Was originally a 351 2v medowlark yellow. If serious I can share VIN info via PM. Any pics of your 68? I am kinda looking for a later model EB. But I am not sure what you have done to the 68?

I don't think that my bronco is worth the 16k value you need, and I don't have any spare cash right now so I don't think there is anyway we could make this work. The bronco is at my Dad's place about 1 1/2 hours away so I don't currently have any pictures, but I could get some if you are looking to buy one.

stang67

Loc.
TN
I have a 76 Ranger I just put on the market. I thought you may want to take a look at. I am attaching a pic just to give you an idea. I am a mustang guy too. I have a 67 fastback with a 428cj. Your 69 would go nice with it. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• P1020620.jpg
    P1020620.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 51

stang67

Loc.
TN
well I can't right now. But, in time I will add one back to the stable.

Broncoman1966

You guys make me really feel the love. I have a 66 Fastback Gt 79 Foxbody Gt and two Broncos 66 76. Now that I think about I am lucky! Sorry to rub it in. Honestly I would go without to keep my fastback. Just kidding but DO NOT TRADE it for a bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.