• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trail Cover MAD PROBLEMS

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
We're not pirate, and that's why I have an account here and NOT there. J.D.

X2 :mad:
I swear lately this forum has turned into a bunch of angry folk just like Pirate. From all the lets stick it to him and go stand on his eye balls comments. I notice alot of these threads or comments are from a bunch of newbie folk. I can personally see and understand everyones frustration with Rick. I had a very similar dealing with a vendor on a cage that took well near a year to get to my doorstep. Trust me I know how you all feel... I was pissed and cageless leaving me off the trail and missing events during the 40th with my own rig.
But honestly going on and posting more threats is not going to make him pull his head out of the sand or want to deal with anybody on this forum where every new person seems be need to jump on the lets hate and talk smack about Rick band wagon.
Hell I once had the great idea to start making bumpers after making my own and having a bunch of members wanting one and asking how much. To this day only one member on this board has one due to the fact of the amount of time it took me to complete the thing between my regular job and having a family and 2 kids. I know Rick is in the same boat with this venture and its a sinking boat!
Instead of all the $h!t talking, bitching and the I WANNA HEAR THE " I JAMMED IT TO HIM" STORY! Start your story here:___________. crap:mad:
I would like to see the local bronco brother step up to the plate and knock on his door and say Rick let me help you out what can I do to help.

Flame Suite is on so Flame Away! :p

Last edited:

joe

Bronco Guru
i really did not want to comment on this kinda subject cause the bronco brotherhood is as thick as blood so........

if its someone else's money then some kind of reply should be given. no matter what the circumstance.

my .02 cents

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
Trail Cover

I am in the same situation.

I sent him a check on 10/18 and he cashed it 10/24.

I have yet to see my cover.

I emailed him on 12/1 and again on 12/5 to check status. No response.

I tried to PM him but his mailbox was full.

What is the story. I just want what I paid for!

If he can't meet the demand then either hire someone to do the work and do the QC yourself or don't get involved. The best product in the world ain't woth crp if you can't get one. If you then have a problem later on you are SOL.

If you have a sailmaker in your area you can probably get them to build the same thing. You will just need to oversee the design and they will cut and sew stronger than anyone else. I am having a local sailmaker make my trailcover and if I ever get ricks then i'll have 2.

Last edited:

Amac70

ME
Well since i know rick all through my 2 cents in. Rick is a single minded person that focuses on one thing at a time. Nothing else is going to bother him till its done. Obviously he's focused on something else right now and no amount of bitching at him will get him to change.

joe

Bronco Guru
i also must add that i bought a trail cover and a few months went by and i wondered what became of it so i pm'ed him and a couple weeks went by and he did respond with an answer. a couple months past and i finally got it and do enjoy it. it is a good product and i am glad i purchased it. i guess the only difference in my experience is i was patient only because i got a response. if i recieved no response i would surley get overly exited and tend to rant and rave. thinkin that something happend to my hard earned money. unfortunatly thats what its all about, money.

off topic a good freind of mine sent about 2300 bucks to a man named ed from windsor fox in apple vally california a few years back. he sent them several e-mails and talked on the phone to them several different times for over a year. someone was always sick or dead and from what i hear for the most of it, it was true. they did suffer loss in the family and the buisness. bottom line.......my buddy is out all the money he sent them and the factory harness they were gona work on.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
im sorry!!! i still cant help but feel sorry for the people that got shanked on the whole deal regardless of any past history. rick has answered and helped me out on a few things in the past and i am grateful for that help. and if the guy has major family issues in his personal. im sorry! everyone i have had discussions with on this board seems like they are understanding. and i dont think they would attack the guy for loving his family and taking care of that first. i know starky (rich) and i know he is a big boy and doesnt need anyone sticking up for him. but i agree with him that this whole deal although didnt start out this way has turned fricken bogus. and from the info people have gathered that he has other deals that he is working on other websites. so that proves he is capable of contacting people and there isnt family issues keeping him from taking care of our brothers here. i know that it doesnt do any good to stir up hate. but at what point does a guy screw enough people over to warrant people to quit sticking up for the guy. him not answering these poor guys is wrong even though pride is a hard thing to swallow. screw pride!!! be more of a man and say i got in over my head and lets work on a way that each person gets taken care of. he owes at least that much to them. i love this board and there are enough caring people that i find it hard to believe that it will turn into pirate. but if someone is screwing over a bronco brother or especially brothers then let them vent. it might not get them their money back but at least they can warn others from getting screwed too. i have been here for a few years but i still think a guy that hasnt been here but a month or two needs the same respect to speak his mind as well. you have my support starky whether you wanted it or not.

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
i didn't order a top from him, but i'll give my opinion.

he hasn't been on this board since october 22, but has responded back to the fj board nov 9th or so.

the fj guys still feel confident that they will get their top unlike here.

if he would just respond to these posts i think people would feel alot better as i don't think he's trying to rip anybody off, just in over his head.

if i sold a bunch of parts here, would i be banned and individuals didn't get their part?

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
jurob, i dont think there is a guy here that would ban anyone if they try to make it right somehow. but if you blatantly ignored people who are concerned for their hard earned money or at least the product they were promised then yah i think they should be banned. at this point im sure rick is afraid to answer back here. but ignoring the problem never makes it go away either. i dont think people will ever forget this one do you?

cactushorse

Having purchased and recieved both the trail top and cover i can tell you that they are both outstanding quality. It's to bad that he has such shitty service after your order is placed. Rick was great about getting the measurements that were needed to customize mine to fit my cage but as soon as the order was placed i experienced what seems to be the norm.
Hope all is well in his camp.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
c'mon mad, cut the guy a break:)

for some reason, i immediately thought of you also. perhaps you could be formerly known as mad. perhaps dam or similar might work. tito might have some ideas;D

is it deja-vous or did we already have a post w/a similar theme?? i'm spending way too much time on this site- according to my wife at any rate.

back to your regularly scheduled program.

Amac70

ME
I wasn't sticken up for him if thats how i came off. I personally think the guy should sell off enough of his crap to give people there money back. Then if he can still build em, build up inventory and sell that way. He'd probally even sell a few.

Sasquatch

I havent been on this board in months but when I signed in yesterday, this did not surprise me at all. I got a trail cover back in the mass buy days and was months overdue on delivery. As much as I liked his new soft top, I knew there would be no way I'd ever order one unless it was in stock. I do believe he will eventually pan out but not returning calls, e-mails etc. makes him a puss. I also would not be surprised if no one ever receives any tops, parts or money either. He's dug himself in so deep and completely ruined his reputation so badly that it wouldn't surprise me if he gave up. He will probably never be "saddling up" to this board ever again. IMHO, those that have been ripped off, and no matter what others think, you have been, have every right to complain here. Go offer to help him??? Your kidding right? Heres a guy that wont even offer a simple "I screwed up, I'm sorry" because he's too much of a sissy to take the bashing doesnt deserve any sympathy, especially not from those who have paid him partially or in full. He's even continued to take orders knowing he's no where near completing long overdue orders, thats just wrong. Hopefully the Toyota guys aren't quite as freindly and cause him a little suffering in terms of legal action like he has to those of whos money he holds. Those of you that dont know Rick personally really surprise me that you stand behind him still through all this. I for one stand behind the ones I know I could trust, the people who paid him up front with only expectations to go on, not the one who hides in shame %) If I could do anything to help you guys out I would, but it wouldn't be by helping this coward first. Hope you guys get what you deserve including a public apology, but dont hold your breath waiting. SB

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
TJK74 no flame suite is required here.

I'm still waiting for one member here to call bullshit and take a stand. Sing your praises in victory! I just liened a property and put the Modoc county sheriff on a guy in California that took delivery of a piece of equipment and "forgot to send the check" because he's been sick. Not my problem. But the sheriff's investigation into the matter seemed to streamline the final payment process. See how easy it is?
Yes, I agree we are a community of individuals that have a common interest, that's great.. but that's where it ends for me.
I know Rick and have been to many events with him over the years. Am I obligated to stand up for him. Nope. If any of the other Portland regulars had done something like this.. I'd be typing the same thing. Do not forget this is a business we are talking about gentlemen, and you are letting yourselves get walked on by a business owner that uses this forum.

Now.. Who's first with their story... I'm still waiting:_________________

OP
OP
broncobear22

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
I'm filing a compliant through IC3 it is asking for other victims and Names and numbers and such. If there is other victims which I know there is pm me your information and I willl put it in there. I don't want to be known as the nagger or the one that messes it up for everyone else because that is not who I am but I think something needs to happen. This is what I fill needs to be done.

I'm putting this thread in there and that other thread if there is anymore let me know. Thanks.

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
I just liened a property and put the Modoc county sheriff on a guy in California that took delivery of a piece of equipment and "forgot to send the check" because he's been sick. Not my problem.

I live in Modoc County- I am not surprised..................

I have met Rick - I am not surprised..............

Jess

Last edited:

Formerjughead

Loc.
Chico
I have met Rick - I am not surprised..............
Jess

That's funny..........I have mocked Rick and ridculed all things Saddleup. I would not give Rick $1000.00 for a bucket of water if I was on Fire and he was the only one there. Have you guys not heard the stories of Rick's Trail Runs of despair?

Rick took care of the people who ordered tops that had a good reputation or who could help him sell more tops. Have any of those people taken Rick's side? are they doing anything to help Rick or the people that are still waiting?

Did everyone not see this freight train of failure comming ?

Good Lord.

seahawkfan

Loc.
Vacaville, Ca
That's funny..........I have mocked Rick and ridculed all things Saddleup. I would not give Rick $1000.00 for a bucket of water if I was on Fire and he was the only one there. Have you guys not heard the stories of Rick's Trail Runs of despair?

Rick took care of the people who ordered tops that had a good reputation or who could help him sell more tops. Have any of those people taken Rick's side? are they doing anything to help Rick or the people that are still waiting?

Did everyone not see this freight train of failure comming ?

Good Lord.

This is more like what I figured you would be saying. LOL