• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trail Parts and Tools

ezbngreen

Loc.
Seattle, WA
I just bought another Bronco and am getting ready to take it out for a few days fourwheeling in SoCal. Can't wait!

It's stock 73 with cut fenders.

What do you reccomened I have on hand for spare parts and what tools do you normally carry with you on the trail?

John

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Thanks. Had to try a few different words, but found this one. Pretty comprehensive.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127467&d=1237582287

That .pdf is great.
Perhaps I missed it but you should also bring a digital volt meter - the cheap ones from Harbor Freight are perfect for this - small and accurate. I have used mine countless times on the trail (both for myself and loaned to others).

A leatherman tool in the glove box will help you in more ways than you can imagine, and saves digging for tools for those quick trailside repairs.

tribaltalon

Loc.
Humble Texas
I always make sure i have a tow strap, a 5 lb sledgehammer, duct tape, zip ties and fluids (motor oil,gear oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid and antifreeze). Also carry spare locking hubs. I carry most of the tools and the rest of my spare stuff in my tow rig.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
toilet paper...

HA! A guy on the national news prepping for a hurricane, once said, "I don't need to stock up on everything, just beer, cigarettes and toilet paper. You can trade that shit for anything!"