• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trail ride in Knoxville TN area...

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Some of us are getting together (Saturday) Oct the 6th to run the Sand Mine trail in Royal Blue. We're also going to running some trails in Tackett Creek in the coming weeks if anyone is interested in going. What you'll need for the run: At least 33" tires and preferably one locker and a winch. I would not bring a truck with fresh paint that you don’t want to get scratched due to any decent trial has areas that can lead to some body damage depending on the line you take ;)

Right now there will be 5 trucks going but anyone that would like to go is more than welcome. We’ll be meeting at the Shoney’s off the Caryville exit #134 which is off I75 at 9:00 am. Come one come all…oh, and some of us will probably go over to the free outdoor shooting range after we come out on top of the mountain. In case you want to waste some ammo ;D

Anthony

OP
OP
thumping

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Okay guys and gals...people are reading but no one is posting...anyone interested in going?

A little bit about the trail...

First we have a creek crossing and considering the lack of rain it should still be pretty low. Then comes the first hill climb. If it’s dry we normally walk right up. If it’s wet, its a whole different story. After the first hill climb it’s not too bad until we reach the top. Just a decent trail with a few obstacles to tackle but nothing major. The last rock climbs looks rough but really it looks much worse than it really is. At the top it opens up to where they used to mine sand and it’s like a beach with white sand every where. It will take just a little more riding at the top to get around to some really nice rock climbs. These are all optional as there are easy trails around them where you can watch those with the nerve give it a try. Then we’ll head off the back side where you really need to pay attention as there are some pretty nasty deep ruts that you can slide off into. We’ve got by-passes around the worst ones unless you just want to play in them.

This is the same trial we ran during the 40th celebration in Knoxville that was covered by Bronco Driver. The climbs at the top are the same ones that the some tried but failed to climb…Gordon Bailey with Bailey built and Brain with Bronco Driver. Even though they both gave it a very good try. Ready to try your luck?

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Pulling the '89 FSB out of the garage that day!!! It's been 5 years in the making!!!

Keep me in the loop. I'd love to give its new engine an inaugural run really soon.

rednck21

damn, damn, damn...the same weekend as dixie run. 4wp might be shipping me to tellico that weekend...

EDIT: but if babygirl is going to be there, ill try to get out of it;D

OP
OP
thumping

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Sorry Joe…and to think, you could really take that trail on now considering all you have done to the Bronco. Heck Natalie could possibly get the front wheels in the air again :eek:

Babygirl…if you’re looking to test it out…this would be the place. As long as you’re not afraid of a scratch here or there ;)

Blane…you horn dog ;D

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
I don't think I'll be able to make it for this one on the 6th. This truck hasn't been started in 5 years, so I'm sure there will be the inevitable troubleshooting first. I've got some Chattanooga boys coming up that weekend to help put the 351W back in.

But I'd love to take it out again really soon, so let me know of any future rides. I'm not worried about scratching it up, it's still got the scratches from the last time I took it out... 6 YEARS AGO.

rednck21

lol, im thinking leave for tellico thursday afternoon, wheel most of friday and head north friday night to meet up with yall;D ...assuming ive got my new wheels by then%)