• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trail rigs, show me your radiator hoops and stingers!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
This is the summer of the fab project, and I'm drawing up all of my plans in a CAD like program to help me along the way. I have a good idea on what I want for bumpers, cage and sliders, now I need a radiator hoop and / or stinger to protect the front from getting squished on the trail. Finding one on a Jeep or Cruiser is a no-brainer, I wanna see something that is workable, but not gaudy.

So in short, I need inspiration.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Nothing real fancy here but this is what I threw together. (I've been playing with the paint colors on my EB in Photoshop in this pic but it still shows the bumper and it was the closest pic I had at hand)

Attachments

• EBFrontPaint.jpg
    EBFrontPaint.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys, I've saved a few pictures from y'all.

Who else has a radiator hoop or stinger on their rig?

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Radiator/engine cage.
motor.jpg

Stinger
HH38rocks.jpg

connects to roll cage.
Dsc00022.jpg

OP
OP
Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Awesome! thanks Mark.

It looks like 2 bends in the top of the stinger helps a lot with the aesthetics, I'm trying to make one work on a 'Stealth' style bumper. I'm thinking of bringing some rub rails along the body line from the rock ski's to support the stinger, rather than go through the fenders like you did. That second picture looks a lot like Clayton, OK (love that place).

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I had a round curve before and did not like it, the more squared off bend flows raised section of the hood better.