• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transfer case speedo gear

smithtw

Got 77 that speedo bounces. Have second rebuilt speedo in. Have new cable, and l cleaned/lubed old one. Told its transfer case gear. Gear in case seems tight. How do I replace that gear if necessary?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Got 77 that speedo bounces. Have second rebuilt speedo in. Have new cable, and l cleaned/lubed old one. Told its transfer case gear. Gear in case seems tight. How do I replace that gear if necessary?

Well in my case with my former 77, it was the instrument cluster.

Sent it to Kevin at Classy gauges (Vendor section) and he told me that it was in the head unit. Whatever he did, no more bouncing.

Would not hurt to give him a call and ask questions... seems easier than dropping a T-case for disassembly.

Bogar

I'm in the same boat. Kevin at Classy Gauges rebuilt my gauge a couple of years ago and I since replaced the cable and I still have the "bounce".

OP
OP
S

smithtw

Both speedos were rebuilds from Northeast Classic in Delaware.