• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Truck night in America

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Truck Night is one of those things I see that makes me say, "This is why all those Yankees think we are so stupid here in the south"

Naw.. just another ploy for the folks that may like that kind of stuff

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
But they actually build something, that (mostly) works, and you get to see it used. It's not a restoration show, nor a custom fab high end car build show. It's making something to be used out of usually pretty junky stuff, and not worried about the paint job on the finished product.

I do like that aspect of it, it's great. They really have some skills but just seem to be limited to time constraints to properly build to ensure it will last. Fred seems to drive things like they are rentals, which they are, as it isn't his money he is spending.

I wrote another 200 words and deleted it, basically they are doing things for t.v. and not things they would probably do with their own parts and materials. The show started off awesome but has slowly slid down hill - still entertaining though, not arguing that.

dedgar

A few notes on this show.

Stop letter-boxing the drives. They're trying to copy Top Gear that does that when they begin one of their films. It's HD video and there is no reason to letterbox it. They even try to copy top gear with the "beauty shots" of the area in between the pieces.

Stop Using the Stranger Things Font transition. Come up with you own ideas.

The "drama" is super dumb. The hosts remind me of four guys on a corner drinking beer and commenting on the cars driving by. A lot like that cartoon King of the Hill.

Things that do work, the course is original and fun. The drone shots works on this show.

the idea if fine, it's just put together very poorly.

There's no reason to have 4 hosts that each pick a truck. They don't do anything to help the driver except whoop and holler and give them fist bumps.

And is a jeep considered a truck? It's truck night, not jeep night.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Correct they are at Sunnyside ATV Park Augusta Georgia

Thanks for posting that. I wondered when they spoke of the kaolin pits!!! I had found this, but nothing definate.

"Georgia is also the country’s prime producer of kaolin, which is taken from vast pits in the central part of the state."

Rockit

My wife LOVES it.
She's their target audience.
City girl that wants to let their inner redneck be free.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Thanks for posting that. I wondered when they spoke of the kaolin pits!!! I had found this, but nothing definate.

"Georgia is also the country’s prime producer of kaolin, which is taken from vast pits in the central part of the state."

That place is just north of Wrens and a few miles from my timber property. There is a pipeline easement next to my place. They mix the clay with water and pump it underground to the processing plants..... Lots of pits around there.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That place is just north of Wrens and a few miles from my timber property. There is a pipeline easement next to my place. They mix the clay with water and pump it underground to the processing plants..... Lots of pits around there.

Nice.. I was just looking today to figure where exactly they were filming...

Jakedog

I watched it last night. There was a 94 f250 with a 7.3 diesel. He had to play tug of war against a dodge diesel that supposedly had 2000 hp%). The 250 only had rear wheel drive because he broke a u joint up front. I think he would have had a chance to win if his front axle was working.
Having a lot of power for that type of competition is a good thing, but I've seen guys lose against less hp because they were spinning tires and the other rig is getting better traction.

The jeep and the dodge both blew a tire on the scrap yard. Dodge had Toyo's and the jeep had pro-comp xtreme.
I'm not going to start a "which tire is better war", but I don't run either of those brands;D

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i would bring a spare, cordless impact and some kind of a jack. the jeep could have changed his tire after the cars. but i dont watch the show lol