• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trucks Crazyhorse flares?

my77rox

They sucked too. Broke pretty easy.

Actually the ones CH has on it are not the fiberglass version, they're the urethane version which I have never seen break. I know they were making another urethane version but were having issues with supply. They certainly are different than any other flare out there! Dave, what kind is it that you have? I know someone who's been looking for some.

BR

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Actually the ones CH has on it are not the fiberglass version, they're the urethane version which I have never seen break. I know they were making another urethane version but were having issues with supply. They certainly are different than any other flare out there! Dave, what kind is it that you have? I know someone who's been looking for some.

BR

I had set given to me. They were the urethane ones. I ripped big chunks out of them. I think they hot/cold weather made them weak.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
The Horse has the old style Duff urethane flares, it's a 2 piece set up, metal strip to body then flare to the strip. these are some pics I took for somebody here a while back.:cool: :cool:

Attachments

• FSCN0675.JPG
    FSCN0675.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 52
  • FSCN0671.JPG
    FSCN0671.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 38

RV77

Loc.
Springfield,IL
I have these for sale They Are used and these wont break. $200 shipping included.
They have fiberglass mounts not metal.

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
I've always thought that those looked better than the standard profile flares or silverbacks, but they don't look like they're quite as thick or durable. Is that correct or are they thicker/heavier than they look?

Also, seems like if they caught between tread blocks of a big tire, the FG mounts might break....