• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trucks! Stacey David's new show GearZ

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Like many of you I was inspired by Stacey David two years ago to buy and build my 77 EB. I know some of you are also fans so I figured I would pass on some info on his new show on ESPN2 called Gearz.

The first show is this Saturday at 11:30AM EST on ESPN2. They are only 30 min but apparently they sell full versions in DVD format. That part sucks. They should give him an hour or more.

http://www.staceydavid.com/

Set your Tivo's

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
It will be a good show. I am sure it will be produced well, being on ESPN.

But that paint job on Crazy Horse is awful. That horse has got to go!

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the reminder! I knew it was coming, but I couldn't remember when. I'll get the DVR ready!

Even the Trucks! as it is now isn't too bad, but I have only seen one episode.

J.D.

This could spawn a new thread in Off Topic "What are your DVR timers?"

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I agree, Stacey did an awesome job on that bronco-right up to the paint. I guess the difference is we paint ours for ourselves and he paints to promote a show. The same thing with Chip Foose- great job, right up to paint and wheels.

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I Tivo the whole Spike TV Power Block. I don't like the new Trucks show as much as when Stacy was on.

I like the Extreme 4X4 show much more.

Actually my sister in-law is being considered as a host on one of their shows. She is a young, good looking paint, body, and modification person. I guess you could say she is a lot like Jessey on the Extreme 4X4 show. The network contacted her a few weeks ago and asked for her to send a demo tape to them.

Now if I can get her to paint my EB when it gets out of the media blaster next week then a am truly a lucky guy.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Now if I can get her to paint my EB when it gets out of the media blaster next week then a am truly a lucky guy.
Get her to paint yours for the demo tape and show the quality of her work. Worth a shot.

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
That damm Stacey David made it look soooo easy!

I would love to see a hidden camera time-lapse of the entire build. I wonder how much editing goes on. (Sh*t!!! Why won't this mother......er fit!! God Dam* it!)

I think they should make a show with weekend mechanics. That would be interesting! (©This idea is copyrighted, Ha). You could catch up on all the new curse words. That would be a great show.

See thread "Things that make you go DUH!"

Potshot

I Tivo the whole Spike TV Power Block. I don't like the new Trucks show as much as when Stacy was on.

I like the Extreme 4X4 show much more.

I used to watch the whole block, now I just watch Xtreme4x4 and that bald dude's show that's on before them. Even those are getting a little old now.

The old Trucks! show is what inspired me to start doing my own work too. This directly translated to tool and parts purchases. The new Trucks! show inspires me to turn off my TV.

Glad there will be repeats of Gearz on Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 6:00pm for those of us that prefer to spend Saturday outside. Maybe one day I'll get off my butt and do something Tivo-ish. %)

Vin-Man

Loc.
Milford, Illinois
According to http://www.tednugent.com/ Uncle Teds Zebra Striped Stoppe/Roush Bronco is being redone on the show.

hp_zbronc.jpg

357Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Hampsha
I would love to see a hidden camera time-lapse of the entire build. I wonder how much editing goes on. (Sh*t!!! Why won't this mother......er fit!! God Dam* it!)

I think they should make a show with weekend mechanics. That would be interesting! (©This idea is copyrighted, Ha). You could catch up on all the new curse words. That would be a great show.

See thread "Things that make you go DUH!"

A real weekend shop show would be great. Guys walking around looking for that part they need desperately, friends showing up to drink beer and ask "why isn't done yet". Then the sound of the four wheeler firing up to go for a ride, paint ball war with those jerks you call friends, time for BBQ, too drunk to safely work with any tools that are air or electric powered. Finally the wife, don't forget we're going out tonight, " No I didn't forget, maybe you should drive". What a great show, I could offer my shop on Saturdays, but not Sundays, seriously, I GOTTA GET SOMETHING DONE ON THE WEEK END!!!!!!

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
SWEET! it's on right now and what a way to debut !! Fixing Nugent's BRONCO!!!!!!

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
I agree. not inundated with infomercials either! (had to chuckle though at his comment on the rust-proofing paint: "i've been using THIS stuff for years....."- sounds like Stacey has been using a plethora of rust proofing paint "for years".....) No sweat- the show has to be funded somehow the way i see it....:cool:

still liked it better than the current TRUCKS show..

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I recorded it so I could actually hear it over the kids. Nice to see him back on. I can't even watch trucks anymore. I find the wrestler too annoying. It's a rush to find the remote before he speaks after extreme 4x4.

Louie

Bronco Guru
Yeah, Spike really screwed up by losing him somehow. They should've said "Yes Mr. David...whatever you say". It's a relief to have a good show on other than Extreme4x4 :cool: