• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tube Doors

deanf15

Loc.
Carrollton, VA
I had the Duff tube doors w/lift off hinges and they worked great. Had them on the bronco for several years with no issues. It was very easy to swap between tube doors and hard doors...took about 5 minutes or so. Recently traded them for a set of door inserts for something new. Only issue with them is they are pricey. The tube doors in the above thread also look great for a bit less money. Don't think they lift off though. I'm hoping he'll build a set to fit door inserts! Good luck.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I had a set on the 72 I sold. Worked fine, just need to make arrangements for mirrors. Liked the design with the bottom plate to keep things from falling out, but the door latch is awkward.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
The tube doors in the above thread also look great for a bit less money. Don't think they lift off though. I'm hoping he'll build a set to fit door inserts! Good luck.

My tube doors work as lift offs using the stainless lift off brackets for the stock doors and a door pin inserted into my tube doors. Took me about 5 minutes per door to fit and now it is just lift and remove. Piece of cake.